WE Mars P long long

fnc

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering when this would finally drop. They showed it off a few years back when they showed off the P38, Makarov and M84. Who knows why they chose to wait so long on it but if theother guns in that batch are any indication, itll be worth the wait.

The P38 especially made me do a 180 on my opinion of WE pistols. And the M84 is probably the most solid airsoft pistol Ive ever felt. The PMM is nice as well but I feel the barrel is kind of a weak point and it keeps loosening. It still blows away the "Couldnt bother to make sure it works out of the box" KSC/KWA version.

The Mauser M712 also seems to work really well but I havent used it enough yet to really make an estimation of longevity.

So heres hoping the new trend holds for them. It'd be nice to have a P99 that works better then maruzens version that absolutely will fail on green gas.

The PMM is nice as well but I feel the barrel is kind of a weak point and it keeps loosening.

Just superglue that screw in. Only mod needed in the PMM to turn it into the best airsoft pistol ever.

I completely agree with your position. WE has make a great turnaround lately, and their newest pistols are among the best... so much so I would dare to say the are THE best pistols available. So my hopes are high for this new model.

My maruzen's p99 trigger didn't set back like an m9 when you racked the slide. Internally it did, so it still felt ok bringing the trigger back against the sear. And after firing the trigger stays back.

It was weird.

Edit:I just watched the video and it appears that the we trigger will always return forward. But I would expect it the still have a light and short pull after meeting the trigger to the sear. Probably don't even have to let the trigger all the way out.

I was wondering when this would finally drop. They showed it off a few years back when they showed off the P38, Makarov and M84. Who knows why they chose to wait so long on it but if theother guns in that batch are any indication, itll be worth the wait.

The P38 especially made me do a 180 on my opinion of WE pistols. And the M84 is probably the most solid airsoft pistol Ive ever felt. The PMM is nice as well but I feel the barrel is kind of a weak point and it keeps loosening. It still blows away the "Couldnt bother to make sure it works out of the box" KSC/KWA version.

The Mauser M712 also seems to work really well but I havent used it enough yet to really make an estimation of longevity.

So heres hoping the new trend holds for them. It'd be nice to have a P99 that works better then maruzens version that absolutely will fail on green gas.

I love my M84's. I'll see if I can't relocate it, but it's actually possible to make them DA by removing a small portion from the trigger bar. I don't recall whether it's DA/SA or DAO as I haven't done it to my own, but it led me to believe WE intended on it being that way. Only thing aside from that not accurate to the real ones is that your able to actuate the hammer while the magazine is removed. The WA model replicated this, but it needlessly complicated the design.

We know we're getting a good hop-up design with the P99, I'm just curious to see how they designed the lower. The designs on the Maruzen were absolutely horrendous.

This is also one of the first somewhat modern pistols WE has released in a while, I'm curious to see where they'll go with this. Maybe we'll get more Walther family pistols or even a compact model like they did with the XDM, M&P, and PX4.

The WE M84 does actually replicate the trigger of the real one (or one of them as the real m84 comes in several varieties).

How it works is the double action only engages if the hammer is at the "safe" position. Meaning you have loaded a round and decocked it. From that position, it is on safe with the hammer down and a round chambered. Flicking the safety off allows you to fire the first round in double action. If the hammer is fully dropped, the double action doesn't engage. This is how some m84s actually operate. Though I'm not sure of the magazine disconnect. That may be a real feature but it definitely isn't on the WE model.

Finally, been waiting for the release.  The only disappointment that I have is that they chose to replicate the Gen 1 P99 and not the Gen 2.  I'm hoping that WE's offering will fit in all the holsters I use for my real steel.  Also hoping that it runs off glock mags, but we will see.

Regarding the trigger reset, from Wikipedia:

"The original, first-generation P99 had a traditional Double-Action/Single-Action trigger with a decocker. When the slide is racked completely to the rear upon loading, the trigger remains in the forward position for the first shot and the Anti-Stress mode is activated, where the striker is cocked but the trigger has the length of pull of the double-action mode."

Well, it's a prototype. WE normally use no markings at all, or only subtle ones. I don't think all those WE trades are going to be in the production model. 

I don't know how you can tell if it has the short pull SA mode or not (except from the failure to show that feature in the video). IIRC the real P99 has a really short and crisp trigger reset, but if you let go off the trigger, it will go all the way forward, unlike other SA / DA pistols like the Makarov.  But I'm by no means a P99 expert, and have pretty crappy memory to be honest, so I might be completely wrong :P 

Dont know about ever seeing trades on this as I believe Umarex has bought the trades rights I believe (based on the fully traded PPQ). Thats a fight that I dont think WE is going to want retailers to have to deal with.

No trades at all is fine (such as on their new model 1911A1). I just want a nice representation of pistol. As they did with the Walther P38.

• 1 month later...

Archived