WE Mars P long long

fnc

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When ever I type the name into Google, it causes my brain to hurt. Could WE (just bloody once) called it, just once, something like:-

'WE airsoft pistol number 20 (or what ever number represents the amount of how many they have previous released plus one)'

Is that too much to ask for?

Huh?

Huh?

Could be a reference to 9 Dragons.

There's a Chinese Myth about the nine sons of the dragon who have complimentary magical powers.

There's a famous handscroll painting by a Chinese Artist called Chen Rong called Nine Dragons from 1244.

There's a Chinese imperial motif of having screen walls with 9 dragons on them.

The Kowloon district in Hong Kong was named as such because of this imperial connection (9 = Gou, Dragon = Long, GouLong).

• 4 weeks later...

I love it, going on previous performance it's gonna be a while before I can test the range/accuracy (next time I get down to BL!) but it's spitting them out at 300 (give or take the usual) on green gas and it's kicks nicely, stripped one down it looks like it's the normal (well normal for recent WE) WE stuff, the new diameter nozzle. But yeah thinking about holsters is going to be an issue and we'll see how it lasts after a few thousand rounds...

There's not a lot of power difference between full hop and no hop so I'll have to wait and see how it acts over range once the hop beds in and I've given everything a good clean...

I'm not disappointed!

• 3 weeks later...

So holsters that are made for gen 2 P99's fit the WE p99 fine.  The trigger is probably the worst gbb trigger I've ever dealt with.  It mimics the real P99 AS trigger of resetting all the way forward with every shot, even though the real P99 AS doesn't.  On a side note, it does have a functioning safety, just push the takedown lever right to left and it locks the trigger.  

I also tried to get a new maple leaf bucking to fit, but it is just too thick to get the hop-up unit closed.  

[quote name="MarsdenH" post="2768667" timestamp="1490234041"The trigger is probably the worst gbb trigger I've ever dealt with.  It mimics the real P99 AS trigger of resetting all the way forward with every shot, even though the real P99 AS doesn't.  

Huh? Bit confused, as first you say it does mimic the real steel but then you say it doesn't. . . .

• 3 weeks later...

The trigger on the real P99 AS resets all the way to the front only when decocked.  After the first double action shot, the trigger only resets about 1/2in forward, not the full way forward.  The WE P99 resets all the way forward every single shot, double or single action.  My statement about it being a terrible trigger was about the double action trigger, it has multiple false walls and seems to just be gritty.  

On a side not, my WE P99 slide broke only about 500 rounds in.

2bKFI33.jpg

The trigger on the real P99 AS resets all the way to the front only when decocked.  After the first double action shot, the trigger only resets about 1/2in forward, not the full way forward.  The WE P99 resets all the way forward every single shot, double or single action. 

That's not true. The WE trigger resets right where it should, not all the way forward. It will go forward if you let it (again, just like the real thing), but the actual reset is much shorter.

1:52 in this video

The trigger on the real P99 AS resets all the way to the front only when decocked.  After the first double action shot, the trigger only resets about 1/2in forward, not the full way forward.  The WE P99 resets all the way forward every single shot, double or single action.  My statement about it being a terrible trigger was about the double action trigger, it has multiple false walls and seems to just be gritty.  

On a side not, my WE P99 slide broke only about 500 rounds in.

2bKFI33.jpg

Still, lasted longer than the the two Maruzen's I had.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been able to fit any other buckings in there.  Maple leafs and Marui's are just too thick and won't allow the hop-up unit to close enough to fit inside the outer barrel.  The hop-up arm really needs an "I" key or some sort of shimming to give it good hop.

I haven't been able to fit any other buckings in there.  Maple leafs and Marui's are just too thick and won't allow the hop-up unit to close enough to fit inside the outer barrel.  The hop-up arm really needs an "I" key or some sort of shimming to give it good hop.

I've a got a maple leaf autobot rubber, I key and I've even modded a maple leaf hop wheel (original wheel is really soft) in to the unit and it's still intermittent.

I did have some trouble with the original hop (Just didn't like hopping at all) so I ditched it in favour of a Maple Leaf Autobot 50 and crazy jet barrel... Now it's hitting the end of every range I try it on... If you change the rubber you need to change the barrel too, it's WE's new hop system, externally the same, but you have to match the barrel to the hop rubber...

At first the hop didn't hop at all, then I cleaned the rubber & barrel and it seemed better, but just went back to not hopping after a while. I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like so I didn't want to wait for the rubber to break in (which is what I suspect it is) combined with it getting contaminated with lubricant from the green gas...

Sorry mate, I did get your message, just figured it's better to reply on here!

I did have some trouble with the original hop (Just didn't like hopping at all) so I ditched it in favour of a Maple Leaf Autobot 50 and crazy jet barrel... Now it's hitting the end of every range I try it on... If you change the rubber you need to change the barrel too, it's WE's new hop system, externally the same, but you have to match the barrel to the hop rubber...

At first the hop didn't hop at all, then I cleaned the rubber & barrel and it seemed better, but just went back to not hopping after a while. I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like so I didn't want to wait for the rubber to break in (which is what I suspect it is) combined with it getting contaminated with lubricant from the green gas...

Sorry mate, I did get your message, just figured it's better to reply on here!

Cheers for coming back to me all useful info, have you tested the crazy jet over the standard maple leaf barrel In any pistols? Just curious if it actually works.

Mine hops a few rounds and then won't hop the only thing I haven't changed is the barrel so it's got to be worth a shot. Shame really as it's a really nice pistol.

Archived