Sig Sauer sues Cybergun over breach of contract

Wooly_Booly

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mind telling us about the good airsoft stuff coming up? ^^

Well I mean I don't know of anything secret that's not been published out there in the social media world.  For me personally, the carbine version of the Scorpion Evo (which had waaaay better selectors at shot show), the AXTS AR from PTS/KWA (but I get nobody else likes LM4), the MCX that's been mentioned and who knows maybe some stuff TM has teased might actually get released?  Krytac have talked about a Fostech 12 in development which 'will beat the TM system' (so they say).  But I imagine most folks know about all that stuff and lots more, my interests are very... specific.

In response to your comment, I would just like to know what unusual stuff you fondled and drooled over at the show.  There's always obscure stuff that no one talks about.

If you mean just airsoft, I genuinely don't know of anything that hasn't been widely publicised, there wasn't much to see in general really and if I'm even more honest there was a lot of it I didn't check out, though that applied to lots of other things because it's massive and there's only so many hours in the day.  More and more companies aren't even bothering with booths in the main show because the NSSF that runs it are getting more and more douche'y as the years go by, milking the exhibitors for every penny they've got and generally making shockingly bad decisions about who actually gets booth space.  FirstSpear, Q, Beyond Clothing, Matbock and Tac tailor (just the ones I know of, no doubt there's more) all rented suites in the connected hotels instead of having conventional boothes.  Krytac had a press event with their stuff at one of the Vegas machine-gun rental places, FirstSpear and Sig Sauer have their own range days seperate to the official one (plus there's another one that other gun companies attend I haven't been to, for a total of 3).

The most interesting airsoft items for me personally were the Carbine EVO and the AXTS gun by PTS as mentioned.  The overall most interesting info was what I extracted about the Crye G4 uniforms, but they weren't on display.  Gun wise it's the old school stuff I find most enjoyable these days, nothing super tacticool.  I won't go in to gear because that's going a bit far OT for this thread, but everything I really liked I photographed and wrote about on my facebook page; just that nobody goes on there, ha.

I wouldn't quite say competent. They've been making GBBs for decades and they're still using silicone rubber for the piston lid, silicone rubber which gradually gets eaten up by the oil in its very propellant.

And just two days after saying this I'm greeted yet again by this age old problem. Rubber crumbled and accumulated behind the nozzle causing out of battery for this hardly used M93R.

IMG_8492.jpg

I think most firearm companies don't care all that much, other than perhaps Glock. Cybercun has been spearheading most of the hunt behind unlicensed replicas, if it weren't for them, I'm not sure how many firearms companies can keep up with what's on the airsoft market and more importantly, who's even making them to send a letter to. There are so many aliases floating around for unlicensed replicas, your concern might be the worst case scenario, but the best case scenario could go back to the days where things aren't licensed and people just make whatever replica they want under weird names. Either way, it doesn't seem like any legal efforts could stop us from getting accurate replicas with trademarks. 

I think you got it absolutely right.

Even with the most popular RSguns when you go the google path usually find plenty of airsoft info bafore you get to the RS.

Aditionaly in most of the branches the military or law enforcers do not get to train as much (and use) as much their "weapon systems" as players do so the airsoft community is really the biggest show that RS manufacturers can get for their products, even when RS shooters usually look us over the shoulder (even I use to think really different about my RS and airsoft skills and toys too).

Want to bet they'll rather buy legislation to make unlicensed RIFs illegal to import and possess than go quietly into the night?

That's the 'exit strategy' I would bank for if I had as toxic relationship with my market as those fartboxes...

• 1 month later...
Not sure how to feel about this since cyberscum seemed to be my only possible source for a gun i fell in love with. Iv had the nbb they make of it the ksc version is both insanely over priced and discontinued as well as pants once its pre s7.

Cybergun were/are meant to be bringing out a new one and iv got two mags for the nbb so bugger especially since anyone else picking up the license isn't likely to do more than rebrand the cyberscum existing nbb though it may mean i cab actually get a replacement that isn't inn4.5 since the CG 6mm ones seem to have vanished in the uk.

Sig pro 2022 if anyone is intwrested

BTW...the head of the the SIG Pellet and Airsoft Products is a Former Palco/Cybergun C level Officer.

Fortunately it's not the officer that is currently running US Operations into the ground...

And they are getting sued by the Kalashnikov Compact too

http://en.news-original.ru/kalashnikov-sued-the-french-manufacturer-of-copies-of-the-ak-47.html

http://freenews-en.tk/2016/07/21/kalashnikov-sued-the-french-manufacturer-of-copies-of-ak-47/

• 1 month later...

The problem is that Cybergun "signed a contract".. Those others are just doing it because they can. There is really no "legal" recourse for Kalasnikov against the factories making real steel in those other countries.

Archived