Photo
- - - - -

KJW new not a *beep*-seventeen GBB pistol?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Katotaka

Katotaka

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:18 AM

picture/link to a new(?) pistol floating around local forums/FB groups

http://www.kjworks.com.tw/productdetail.php?id=92

given that KJ just released a *beep*-seventeen model a while ago, I believe it's reasonable to release a version with different "skin" to hopefully get into the US

I'm digging that grip, looks comfy, slightly straightened back strap, front strap sans finger grooves, triggerguard undercut, also, longer beavertail (would love it higher like a timberwolf, BTW) , love them, potential modding/stippling material <3 <3 <3

oh, the back end reminds me of P320, just saying

WTB: MARS Rail Hmmm, screw it, nevermind.

#2 Wingman

Wingman

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:37 AM

I'll buy it. Like the look and I've always had good luck with KJW's. Will be interesting to see how much G17 stuff will fit in it and on it for customizing purposes.

Your right about the Timberwolf. I have a couple I've been working on (pretty much all you can get here due to "you know who's" antics) and the latest versions are top notch. If they really want to make some money, they will come out with a G19 sized version.

Who dies with the most toys wins

Have a couple of TM Five Sevens looking for new homes! A couple of spare magazines as well!

#3 ardrummer292

ardrummer292

R16Z

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:06 AM

Mmmm... CO2 compatible. Maybe there will be a way to put the guts from this into a more accurate replica 'shell.' If it runs as well as my P226 (KP-01) and can be made to look more like the genuine item, I'm all over it.

If you're ever around southeastern Virginia, do yourself a favor and check out Ballahack Airsoft at www.facebook.com/ballahackairsoft. Shoot me a PM if you plan on coming out!

#4 NonEx

NonEx

I'm Awesome! :D

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:44 AM

Looks like a mash up of Glock, M&P and CZ P-09 :o 

#5 number47

number47

Adv Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:32 AM

Agreed, also see a bit of the new CZ P10C (grip) in there as well. Magazine base plate looks Glock like so perhaps that'll be good news for those with Marui G17s as KJW tend to be mostly compatible with Marui guns.

Not too keen on the slide cuts, a bit too 'Costa' for my liking but will probably still buy.

Number 47

#6 Lone_Bullet

Lone_Bullet

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

Great news! Hope it'll be all marui compatible. Replace everything with uac!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

#7 tquilha

tquilha

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

Kinda like it the way it is. Why not make some new (as in not based on real guns) models?

:)

#8 CKinnerley

CKinnerley

Is it tea break yet?

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Looks zuper-duper like a CZ P-10 to me, they'd have been better off just making one of those.

#9 Wingman

Wingman

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

No trades..No bucks to worry about paying to the real steel manufacturer and no potential lawsuits.

The more I look at the picture, the more I can see all sorts of customizing that can be done and it looks more "TM G compatible" all the time.

This will go over well in the USA as most "G models" (other than the Timberwolf) are nearly impossible to buy.

This and the new APS pistol are good news. 

The new ..cough..cough..Cybergun FNS 9 will be out soon (not sure I like how the magazines are held in on that one though. Looks too easy to damage and wear out).

Edited by Wingman, 24 February 2017 - 07:05 PM.

Have a couple of TM Five Sevens looking for new homes! A couple of spare magazines as well!

#10 mezurashii

mezurashii

Adv Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

The slide doesn't do anything for me, but the frame (with some slight help via dremel & soldering iron) looks like it could be quite nice. And grey is a cool color as well, it would be something new. 

#11 FireKnife

FireKnife

Still here, I think, somewhere.....

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,624 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

Looks ok to me, but then I am not a Glock fan. I think I will just stick to their CZ side of things instead :).

'FireKnife'

• Gunnman likes this

76 Pistols owned and still counting, hopefully more to come soon.
They are (best at the top working down): 3x TM Colt Mark IV Series 70, TM Colt Mark IV Series 70 Nickel Finish, 5x TM 1911A1, 2x TM Night Warrior Custom, TM HK45, TM USPc, TM XDM.40, TM M&P9, 7x TM Detonics, TM P226 E2, TM New Style US M9, TM Foliage Warrior, 2x TM MEU, TM PX4, KJ Works CZ P-09, 4x KSC USPc, 4x TM P226, TM Glock 18C, TM Glock 26, 3x TM M9, KWA USPCT, 2x KSC USP .45, TM Glock 17,TM 5.1 Hi-Capa, WE Beretta M84 Cheetah, HFC Desert Eagle, KJ M9 Vertec ABS, KJ Works CZ75, 2x TK VP70M, WE XDM Compact, Army Detonics, KJ Glock 27, KSC SP2340, Maruzen PPK/S (Movie Prop), Maruzen P99, KSC M8000, KSC SP2022, KJ Ruger Mk.1, 2x KSC Glock 18c, Maruzen PPK/S (New Version), HFC M190, KJ P14-.45, WE Makarov PMM, 2x KSC Glock 26, ACM Beretta 1934, Marushin PPK SAS, Unknown M93R, WE 3.8 1911 and at the bottom a pair of KWC Colt Pythons.

#12 icolater

icolater

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:36 PM

One word.....fugly!!!

#13 k.a

k.a

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:42 AM

One word.....fugly!!!

as hell !!!

#14 Wingman

Wingman

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:12 AM

No worse than a standard Glock and mostly its the slide which, it seems like, everyone switches out anyway.

#15 Gunnman

Gunnman

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

No worse than a standard Glock and mostly its the slide which, it seems like, everyone switches out anyway.

Have to agree, at least no one took a drill to the slide either.
  • Lone_Bullet likes this
gunnman.jpg

#16 1st Commando

1st Commando

The Lord Of War

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

KJ have also released a proper G17 with no markings but you have no hope of seeing that in the US as you have "trade dress" 

Both green gas mags and CO2 mags are out too 

#17 blobface

blobface

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Has anyone tried the KJ co2 mags? Especially in a TM build that involves steel slide (and probably polycarbonate nozzles)? 

#18 number47

number47

Adv Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

found more pictures on RA Tech's website:

http://en.ratech.com.tw/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1739:ra-at-g-kj021-9&catid=53&Itemid=187

Have to say, the more pics I see the more I like it. Particularly the grip and the sights.

#19 blobface

blobface

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

I now own 3 x KJ Glock green gas mags and 3 x KJ Glock CO2 mags, they are my favourite Glocks mags so far of all the ones I've tried due to their complete compatibility across platforms, especially the CO2. Below is my experience, strictly concerning Glocks with steel slides (Your mileage may vary for your models):

The model I own/owned are as follows, all full steel: WE x RA-Tech G17, KJ x Guarder G23, TM x Guarder G34, Stark Arms "premium version" full steel G17. 

Capture.jpg

KJ CO2 mags not only works on all the steel builds, it also has very minimal base (same as green gas), unlike other brand such as APS which I have yet to try. WE for instance, while being very minimal, barely cycles on my KJ and TM Guarder steel builds, it does however cycle the Stark Arms gun with good recoil, but bizarrely only at 130 fps. The KJ green gas magazines also works the best for all models, the crazy thing is that it works far better on Stark Arms steel guns than Stark Arms green gas magazine... TM mag goes into a Stark Arms gun, but the mag catch does not fully engage and falls off easily. 

Hope this helps for anyone who's thinking about which steel Glock to go for. 

Edited by blobface, 23 March 2017 - 11:07 AM.

• Skarclaw, hitmanNo2, k.a and 2 others like this

#20 NonEx

NonEx

I'm Awesome! :D

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Awesome info man! :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Meter