Umarex HK416 A5

super64

@Pdubyuh looks like a GBBR based on the bolt and magazine capacity.

(_8^(0)D'oh I didnt notice the details i was too focused on the shiny FDE ;) lets hope then they do an AEG and it has space in the slim line stock for Batts!

Ah ffs.. the gun I want most and I've no mags or storage space to buy more.

Fingered the HK at SHOT a fair bit, it's immense.  I'd have sold half my liver if TM had done the A5 in their newest iteration, hell even if the ambi bolt release was just a dummy part.

Unfortunately VFC's reputation isn't great and even though it doesn't say so on the Umarex site, I'm assuming this is being made by VFC just like the other H&K GBB rifles. If TM were making a version then it would really give Umarex/VFC something to think about. Fortunately for me though, my GBB rifles are just wall hangers, I rarely use them in games, so this will be a definite buy for me regardless of how it performs.

The internet told me that since 2015, VFC have upped their GBB game a lot.

I watched quite a lot of Nugent content on how he made the platform workable with minor upgrades and mods that even a ham-fisted tool like myself can accomplish.

The major draw to a VFC/Umarex GBBR AR15 platform is their mags weigh less than 400g each and AST done a video where it proved to be quite gas efficient.  

All weapons i have got from VFC (MP5 GBB, UMP45 GBB and MP7A1 GBB) have got problems one or another way (MP5 and UMP45 have got huge problems with loading muzzle and magazine seal o-rings). MP7A1 more stable for my opinion - magazine is good and no problems with loading muzzle. I think best of all i have from VFC was MP5K GBB. But i sold it shortly after i wrote a review.

In general i am thinking that yes, VFC working on their weapons, but they should work harder.

• 7 months later...

Archived