WE Glock 17 advice needed...

ludey-dudey

Hey peeps, ive got a WE glock 17 which is playing up, had it in patrol base but they fobbed me off saying no fault found & they supposedly fired 1000 rounds through it - yeah rite.

got the pistol back recently & after 6 shots it jammed up like it did before i sent it to them. what happens is the slide when returning to it forward position gets stuck half way so it looks like its been half cocked. it does vent when this happens but only half the time. with a tiny push the slide then returns forward ready to be fired again only to repeat the issue over & over. 

clearly there is a issue & its getting stuck on something but me & a techie mate cant seem to locate the culprit. we were thinking maybe the blow-back housing, maybe the hammer assembly... 

anyone had this issue before..?

thanks 

When WE Glocks do that, they have either a broken outer barrel (right where the tilting groove is), or broken hop chamber (right where it engages to the frame). Check them for integrity...

ive check both parts uve mentioned but them seem ok to me, will get my buddy to double check for damage or wear. ive also ordered a replacement blowback housing as this is the area it appears to be getting stuck around. when its stuck the barrel is loose like it normally is so doesn't appear to be barrel related. dont know if you can upload video here but i will try in a min.

That looks as it should be. What happens when you pull it all the way back and let go. Does it seat all the way forward?

yeah it goes all the way forward, its just when its firing the issue occurs or i release gently as show on video for demonstration purposes.

Looks like a hammer lock. First thing is to check if the blowback unit is flush and tight to the top of the slide, and lube the hammer roller.

If that doesn't do the trick, a little, minimal sanding down in the channel on which the roller slides almost certainly fix it

Check this video (although be careful, I think he went overboard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxXYxqwUsSQ

Looks like a hammer lock. First thing is to check if the blowback unit is flush and tight to the top of the slide, and lube the hammer roller.

If that doesn't do the trick, a little, minimal sanding down in the channel on which the roller slides almost certainly fix it

Check this video (although be careful, I think he went overboard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxXYxqwUsSQ

Dimitri MdP i think you've hit the nail on the head with that video, we were thinking this was the culprit but could work out how. will pop to my mates over the weekend & get this mod done & report back.

thanks for the help guys, il let you know if it works 

Archived