ZEKE AR-18 Crowdfunding, limited 100, ¥500,000

blobface

If they're going by those diagrams I'd say it's a PFC. No telltale elements of a usual GBB system.

I'd have to agree. There's no indication that it's an airsoft gun at all. That bit connected to the hammer could be a valve knocker I guess, but they don't show a valve on the magazine or any kind of bbu in the bolt. Nor any kind of gas route bucking. Nor anything that shows that it shoots BBs.

Either they purposely left functional parts out, or it isn't a GBB or an aeg. Looks more like a diagram for a real ar18 honestly, though I'm not familiar enough with them to say.

Title of photo album says "AR18 Dummy Model Project in Progress" literally, in context the Project in Progress is more like the project is still in planning stage.

The bigger blob of text says they measured civi model of AR180 manufactured by Howa, built the 3D model and they're very serious about the data conversion, that makes a future dummy model possible. BUT, due to complexity of molding and *suitcase*, pricing of each dummy is approx. 500k yen IF 100 dummies are produced. 

I'm too lazy for the last part, so:

• Profit
  • Crowd Funding
  • Price not final

Not to mention it was produced in the UK by sterling with a lot of them ending up in the Northern Ireland conflict.

I like the shorty version with the front grip.

'They thought they had me cornered, but I have them all a fright.

With the armoured piercing bullets of my little Armalite.'

Sterling AR18s were also used for early SA80 prototypes. Enfield basically *fruitcage*ed over Sterling and made quite a bit off of them.

ZEKE? I thought they were long gone. have they produced anything in the past 15 years? They were never high quality back in the day even.

This project is overly ambitious from a company with no actual track record, overpriced as sin and generally... uninspiring. then again,  crowdfunding is literally give me money for nothing and don't expect anything. so why not... whoever is behind that loses nothing, has all to gain

ZEKE? I thought they were long gone. have they produced anything in the past 15 years? They were never high quality back in the day even.

This project is overly ambitious from a company with no actual track record, overpriced as sin and generally... uninspiring. then again,  crowdfunding is literally give me money for nothing and don't expect anything. so why not... whoever is behind that loses nothing, has all to gain

ZEKE has actually produced limited production model guns in the 80's and 90's, which you bought as kits. Not to mention metal kits and parts model guns and airsoft over the years. So, I don't know what you're talking about when you say they have no "track record". Their production is a lot smaller, lately.

They also designed the system and produced the metal body for the Tanaka Wz. 63.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I have their early 2000s metal stuff. the cast is full of pores. That's their track record in my experience. I know back then overall quality was horrible in the industry, but still....

If people want to overpay for what I consider oem KJW quality (at best), so be it. I steer clear of anything japan only. There is a reason its not for export

They are Japanese only because there are no other market for Model Guns, which is their main concern. I'm not going to defend their cast stuff, because it's just cash grab. However, their CNC stuff is great. Are they overpriced? Absolutely. But they have to pay overhead somehow.

Slightly off topic here but often, great stuff is not always accurate stuff. I can name a bunch of prime products that are of excellent quality but are completely wrong in how they should be made. The real is stamped engraved (or trades being cast, and serial stamp hammered post production) and theirs is precision CNC all pretty and stuff. its looks horrible because you are paying top money for fake reproduction. as a collector, you should be gouging your eyes out at things like that :P this is why I love the early KSC export models. they usually got the trades looking right, or at least closer than that fancy aftermarket cnc stuff

I actually like model guns (the shell ejecting, non airsoft stuff).  I remember many years ago one could still buy them even as user assembled kits. then they disappeared. if they are still being made in japan and have metal kits for them, that's awesome news. its just that I haven't seen any in forever and figured they went to socialize with the dodo bird

Archived