#1 Zereck

Zereck

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

18672994_1061744313926763_70763922173127

A relatively unknown company(at least for me) named Octagon Airsoft and Activities has announced that they are making a Type 89 GBBR. Not much info as of now, tough they are supposed to be showing it at the Osaka Shot Show which is on this weekend.

• Dominicced likes this

#2 renegadecow

renegadecow

is brony

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:06 AM

Looks new judging by their logo. The only other Octagon brand I know is the one that made the first PPSH41s.

edit: was speculating on mag being either a WA or VFC but noticed they responded with "independent system" in the comments and that pretty much seals their fate.

Edited by renegadecow, 28 May 2017 - 04:10 AM.

#3 mightyjebus

mightyjebus

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

Octagon have been around for a while. Usually they just get some nice accessories and custom GBB pistols made but looks like they have decided to go for the full package and make a GBB type 89. These are the guys who re-issued the folding stock for the TM Spas 12 and sell the Glock zapper 17. The guy who owns Octagon has been an airsofter for a long time and I know he will be trying to make the best product possible.

The type 89 is a good choice as it will sell well in Japan even if it is a wall hanger. I'm going to take a guess and say that it will work pretty well as I have seen the quality of the things Octagon have made in the past and they all have been high quality.

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/

" I could tell you tails that would bend your bones..."   - Dom Joly

#4 Wingmann

Wingmann

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

The only other Octagon brand I know is the one that made the first PPSH41s.

Hexagon? :D :D :D

• blobface likes this

= I have practiced fourteen hours a day for thirty-seven years and now they call me genius -Pablo Sarasate, musician and composer =

#5 renegadecow

renegadecow

is brony

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

I swear it was some kind of shape.

• HudsonUK likes this

#6 Wingmann

Wingmann

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

I swear it was some kind of shape.

Stupid polygons!

= I have practiced fourteen hours a day for thirty-seven years and now they call me genius -Pablo Sarasate, musician and composer =

#7 beta678

beta678

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:10 AM

Two screws on top of the mag, most likely WA based but they just don't want to admit it. Asked a friend in HK about it, he's going to ask his contacts to get more info, hopefully its decent.

#8 CaptCalvin

CaptCalvin

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

Two screws on top of the mag, most likely WA based but they just don't want to admit it. Asked a friend in HK about it, he's going to ask his contacts to get more info, hopefully its decent.

I mean VFC mags also have two screws on top. Also it doesn't have the valve timer built into the mag. Having had extensive experience with both if it has to be either one or the other I'm 100% banking that it's VFC based.

#9 Zereck

Zereck

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

A small article was done about it on Hyperdouraku's report of the show. Release date is scheduled for September with the price of 78,000 yen(+tax), so it will be quite pricey.

There was also a few more intresting things like spring STF12 shotguns.

#10 NeoVeNoM

NeoVeNoM

Ignorance is a bliss, isn't it?

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

And here I was hoping it would have been a Marui.

Current armory:

GBB:

TM 1911, TM 5-7, 5x custom TM Hicapa's from 4.3 to 7", KWA FPG, WA 6" infinity Custom, 2x Marushin Mateba, 2x WE M9 Sword Cutlass

GBBR:

GHK G5

AEG:

PTS ACR, PTS ACR sniper, PTS PDR, G&G FS51, Bullpup TM MC51, custom Bolt M4 patriot sniper, TM G36c to K custom, TM PSG-1 custom,

SRC XM8, CA G3SG1 custom, CA G33Kurz custom, JG Ikazuchi, TM MP7a1, G&P Magpul M4 custom, Ares G36c EBB, Ares Tar21 custom

Spring:

VSR10 Custom, Spas12

owned:

too many to list!!

#11 NeoVeNoM

NeoVeNoM

Ignorance is a bliss, isn't it?

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

Is Arnies being hacked by Russians?

Current armory:

GBB:

TM 1911, TM 5-7, 5x custom TM Hicapa's from 4.3 to 7", KWA FPG, WA 6" infinity Custom, 2x Marushin Mateba, 2x WE M9 Sword Cutlass

GBBR:

GHK G5

AEG:

PTS ACR, PTS ACR sniper, PTS PDR, G&G FS51, Bullpup TM MC51, custom Bolt M4 patriot sniper, TM G36c to K custom, TM PSG-1 custom,

SRC XM8, CA G3SG1 custom, CA G33Kurz custom, JG Ikazuchi, TM MP7a1, G&P Magpul M4 custom, Ares G36c EBB, Ares Tar21 custom

Spring:

VSR10 Custom, Spas12

owned:

too many to list!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Type 89, GBBR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Meter