Octagon Airsoft Type 89 GBBR

Zereck

Looks new judging by their logo. The only other Octagon brand I know is the one that made the first PPSH41s.

edit: was speculating on mag being either a WA or VFC but noticed they responded with "independent system" in the comments and that pretty much seals their fate.

Octagon have been around for a while. Usually they just get some nice accessories and custom GBB pistols made but looks like they have decided to go for the full package and make a GBB type 89. These are the guys who re-issued the folding stock for the TM Spas 12 and sell the Glock zapper 17. The guy who owns Octagon has been an airsofter for a long time and I know he will be trying to make the best product possible.

The type 89 is a good choice as it will sell well in Japan even if it is a wall hanger. I'm going to take a guess and say that it will work pretty well as I have seen the quality of the things Octagon have made in the past and they all have been high quality.

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/

Two screws on top of the mag, most likely WA based but they just don't want to admit it. Asked a friend in HK about it, he's going to ask his contacts to get more info, hopefully its decent.

I mean VFC mags also have two screws on top. Also it doesn't have the valve timer built into the mag. Having had extensive experience with both if it has to be either one or the other I'm 100% banking that it's VFC based.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived