G&G CEO/Owner Sentenced 2 years 8 months

renegadecow

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2017/06/02/2003671763

In a freaky turn of events, I was supposed to be working for this guy today! Late last year I met with the guy (really cool dude too) in a surprise bid to sell him the designs for my China Lake. He wanted it but required that I be in Taiwan for a while to polish up the production prototype as well as a potential work contract afterwards. But I haven't gotten to getting my passport ready yet (hell, my *suitcasey* government couldn't even provide me my driver's license and it's been five months now!) so I've practically lost all interest for the endeavor. Now this happens. Bit of a douche move for the Criminal Investigation Bureau though. It's putting something well outside its intended purpose and justifying how it suddenly becomes lethal. Like the potential lethality of dropping a PC on someones head from atop a building.

Supposedly, I've been reading on Facebook, that there's an update somewhere that his appeal went through, he was able to have the gun tested according to the law (and not the way this judge thought it should be tested) and the ruling was overturned and he was released free of charges.

I'm still looking for that update though. Maybe it wasn't printed in English yet.

Not just gas sniper rifles. The limit is supposedly 20J. If you stick 2k psi in an APS shell and load a rubber slug it's been proven to deliver 25J+.

No surprise, the TW police modded an CAM870 and stuck a real 12ga in it, fires and then banned the model.

Makes no sense, but looks like a political move by his enemies.

It makes NO sense

Meme says the whole police force in TW operates like meter maids, they need to "solve" certain number of cases like issuing certain number of parking violation tickets in a given time frame, even with no one violating any written laws, as a benchmark of performance.

Not just gas sniper rifles. The limit is supposedly 20J. If you stick 2k psi in an APS shell and load a rubber slug it's been proven to deliver 25J+.

It's not 2K PSI. They used 20KgF/cm2  gas. Some weird thing the Chinese call "yellow gas", and it's even stronger than black gas.

The given 20KgF/cm2  (284PSI) measured at 33ºC means it has more than twice the pressure of what green mags are actually designed for, so using it in the trial test is a *rickroll* move of unprecedented proportions. 

I've praised a million times before the quality of G&G G96 green gas mags (despite hating the platform for the horrendous Tanaka hop and barrel type and the one-piece steel bolt which makes it quite harder to switch the hop unit as you would in a Tanaka or KJW), but never expected it to withstand such pressures in a test. 

If anything, I'm surprised by G&G G96 magazine. And really hope they can overturn such ridiculous ruling.

Well 25Joules is no joke... but it seems like he got shafted

There are many industrial gases you can get that are very high pressured. I don't see how this is a GnG problem though. Its like somebody jailing GM ceo because somebody found a chevy that could hit 200mph...... 

There is more here we are missing. There is just a general crackdown taking place like in japan back in the day.. This will result in once more, mediocre parts and designs being made. Enjoy toys :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hrmph. When Asahi M700 ban came about '93 and took Asahi down, airsoft lost much of the R&D that was going on there. All em cutting edge BV, GBB&solenoid guns down the drain. Looking the above video is like asking to get banned and ruining the hobby for all. Then again today it's not as easy to destroy ideas and the spread of products.

Archived