Airsoft Systems ASAR15 released, kind of

Isamu

Some of you will remember how about five years, Airsoft Systems announced (along a working prototype) a "dream" AEG, split gearbox, quick spring change, adjustable trigger weight, "bolt stop" using regular mags... but it was delayed again and again until people forgot them.

Now they are back and said to be released in Bulgaria, with almost to none fanfare

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=807838416037754&id=150377941783808

I'm still trying to find one just to know the MSRP and some new images.

So, what do you think? I for one will keep an eye and see how it fares

I remember wanting have this over the Systema PTW when ASAR was first announced. I also had their first gen of ASCU. But as time passed, I got job and eventually got a PTW :rolleyes: 

I think there's always a market for M4 with mosfet, split gearbox, quickspring change and other bells and whistle. Just a matter of price. Me personally wish that they could make the gun more "modern", i.e M-lok or Key-mod rail. I really don't like that rail handguard.

I remember wanting have this over the Systema PTW when ASAR was first announced. I also had their first gen of ASCU. But as time passed, I got job and eventually got a PTW :rolleyes:

I think there's always a market for M4 with mosfet, split gearbox, quickspring change and other bells and whistle. Just a matter of price. Me personally wish that they could make the gun more "modern", i.e M-lok or Key-mod rail. I really don't like that rail handguard.

Agree

The quick spring change are very user friendly for people playing in different fields with various limit for an example indoor/outdoors

You just need one good optic, one good barrel and one good hop up system.

I also got tired of waiting and got the PTW and even thoug prices are down on them

the ASAR will stil be cheaper and people will be able to use most their stuff from an AEG mags and stuff.

It is going to be interesting to see which type of thread on the upper AS goes with and see the hopup as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Soo, I got my hands on one (sorry for the crappy photo), already in not so original configuration:LJTLigL.jpg

I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, tested it on a CQB game yesterday, another one coming up on sunday, the gun has worked flawlessly, accuracy and range are quite good at 100 m/s. If you have any questions I may try to answer them but I'm really not good on reviews (might try and do one if people are interested).

Soo, I got my hands on one (sorry for the crappy photo), already in not so original configuration:

I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, tested it on a CQB game yesterday, another one coming up on sunday, the gun has worked flawlessly, accuracy and range are quite good at 100 m/s. If you have any questions I may try to answer them but I'm really not good on reviews (might try and do one if people are interested).

Congratulation on your new purchase ;7)

What type of motor and how strong is it regarding upgrading to M130?

Upper reciewer threads for handguards what type is that??

Lower reciewer extension or stocktube is it milspec or???

Does it have eletric cut off after last BB fired like the PTW does????

And could you take a picture of the cylinder taken out of the upper reciewer please?????

Congratulation on your new purchase ;7)

What type of motor and how strong is it regarding upgrading to M130?

Upper reciewer threads for handguards what type is that??

Lower reciewer extension or stocktube is it milspec or???

Does it have eletric cut off after last BB fired like the PTW does????

And could you take a picture of the cylinder taken out of the upper reciewer please?????

Receiver thread is AEG spec, buffer tube - milspec, barrel - 14mm+; the internnals should be ok for up to M150 as far as I can remember. It does have the cut off lever with regular AEG mags. Will post photos of the cylinder and motor later on.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Soo, I got my hands on one (sorry for the crappy photo), already in not so original configuration:

Aaaah, first reports are flowing in, good!

Could you tell me:

- if the barrel is a one piece and proprietary 

- if they use a new hop and is it a turret ( like SVD or M14 ), lever ( like MP5 and AK, wheel ( like M4 ) or drum ( like G36 and modern M4's ) style?

- if the grip is standard M4 grip

- if the body feels sturdy and is the upper interchangeable with standard V2 M4 uppers?

Oh, and a game / test report too please :D

Thanks ^^

Could you tell me:

- if they use a new hop and is it a turret ( like SVD or M14 ), lever ( like MP5 and AK, wheel ( like M4 ) or drum ( like G36 and modern M4's ) style?

- if the body feels sturdy and is the upper interchangeable with standard V2 M4 uppers?

Thanks ^^

Define "standard V2 M4 uppers"?

You know, your standard tm m4 upper. I have not seen the shape of the asar15 gearbox, see. It would be nice to pop un a g&p MRP upper or so :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

General problem with airsoft guns is there are no standard.

I can name no brands which have interchangable uppers - can you?

General problem with airsoft guns is there are no standard.

I can name no brands which have interchangeable uppers - can you?

there was a time when G&P could be fitted on a stock Marui, I think.

But other than that, nope.

about a decade ago I spent over 5 hours trying to fit a KA upper on a G&P lower.

I was successful, but it was a waste of time.

@johny_blaze: how much did it cost you?

Could you tell me:

Thanks ^^

The barrell I think is one piece but not sure if it proprietary (haven't taken it apart yet and didn't check when I switched out the rail) but I think it's standard.

Hop up is a lever.

The grip looks like a standard AR AEG grip.

The receivers both upper and lower are proprietary but its propbaly one of the sturdiest and solid rifles I've held.

The official price I'm told is gonna be 450 Euro and the rifle is woth it imo.

I took some phots last nigh and will post them later today I hope.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

One more thing - the trigger is amazing - very short, krisp and with a mechanical feel to it, unlike any other AEG i've seen - feels much more like an actual trigger than a lever, like on other AEGs.

*Edit

Here are a couple of photos of the hop up and the cylinder (sorry it's not a direct link but I'm on my phone):

Airsoft Systems ASAR hop up and cylinder. https://imgur.com/gallery/8LCN2

Archived