Terminator Laser Sight for AMT Long Slide / Hardballer

chas

Nah, it really was the laser sight of the day. Too big to put under the barrel so it went over. That plus requiring no less than a car battery to power it, it never really caught on until it got small enough.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2010/03/just-what-you-see-the-story-behind-the-45-long-slide-laser-siting/

Yeah I read the article. Interesting stuff.

But what I mean is, I get the size based on the technology at the time. But making it look like a normal optic scope is a bit meh IMO :P 

I am loving the fact that someone has finally made this, a little disappointed that it doesn't have a pressure switch in the grip, even more disappointed that someone hasn't made the complete gun. Like in the film. Touch the trigger and the red light comes on etc etc.

I do find it a little disappointing that the hardballer or other long slide 1911 pistols are not easily available (WE hint hint), as by the time you add 500 for the kit, 250 for the parts, plus you need a 1911 to start with, then you need to build it, all becomes a bit much to justify for many. I get that some people want steel this and custom that, and it is great to have options, so I am delighted that the scope is available separately, but please can someone at least maybe make the gun reasonably, not WA though. Or even just the slide and barrel kit for people who don't want to mess about with the frame.

I was planning on 3d modeling this with a room for chinaasium leizoor inside. Got buried under everything else.

Roughly 3 hours of printing... For 160 it would be worth it :D

Might make a "shorty" version for M1911s.

Nice.

I do find it a little disappointing that the hardballer or other long slide 1911 pistols are not easily available (WE hint hint), as by the time you add 500 for the kit, 250 for the parts, plus you need a 1911 to start with, then you need to build it, all becomes a bit much to justify for many.

What other parts do you need? I thought the kit included everything you need to convert the 1911.

Anyone know if the the grips would fit the old Marui NBB? Been looking for a NPC grip for ages to make my own laser, I'd prefer not to have to do the work.

Yeah I read the article. Interesting stuff.

But what I mean is, I get the size based on the technology at the time. But making it look like a normal optic scope is a bit meh IMO :P

Its a large cylindrical item needing to be mounted on a firearm, what should it be designed like a big square box like the Imatronics LS45 ( Universal Soldier ), personally think the scope like design is far more elegant. 

Let's not forget the days before surefire foregrips when you would mount a mag light onto an mp5. Even mobile phones used to be much bigger. I don't think that the terminator would have had the same impact if he used a derringer with laser grips instead of the most amazingly cool looking gun ever seen at the time.

Mine arrived today, and I quite like it, although I am not a huge fan of the way the grip fits, not because of any fault with the product, but because I prefer wood grips and had to dremel a huge amount off them to fit it! It would have been nicer if it included a battery, or even a note telling you which battery you need (same as a surefire light, 123a), but that is nit picking. I would have also preferred the option of using a pressure switch, but that is just me, I am sure I could work something out if I could really be bothered. As for the product, the quality is fine, it is what I expected, it is as it looks in the pictures, it is nice and I am happy.

Archived