AW Custom 1911/V10 compact GBB pistol :D

NonEx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have WE released any 1911 with the new nozzle yet? Iv taken my eye of the airsoft world for a while so I'm out of touch.

WE MEU45 is with a new 1911 system. Bigger nozzle and some other things. I haven't looked much at it myself.

KY let me know that the V10s will be going through another round of QC upon delivery next week but is still slated for release early/mid October :)

Perhaps not a review per my own standards but definitely an unboxing video and overview of it :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You could do something like the T2 1911.  Black slide, grip safety, grip and slide stop.  Silver frame, trigger, mag release, hammer and thumb safety.

Or go something like a Kimber CDP.  All silver with black frame, wood grips.

You could do something like the T2 1911.  Black slide, grip safety, grip and slide stop.  Silver frame, trigger, mag release, hammer and thumb safety.

Or go something like a Kimber CDP.  All silver with black frame, wood grips.

I actually find "real" two-tone black/silver (slide/frame) pistols to be pretty ugly :P

Anyone receive one of these yet? Zeroone has em in for 109. I have the Armorer Works Hicapa (Black Ace) and its a fantastic little shooter, assuming the weather is good. Unlike my TM it's an absolute dog in the cold.

Would be nice to get a pair of these, nostalgia for the WA V10s I had eons ago..

Well well well...!

I got mine today.

Some quick points.

It looks and feels pretty dang good :D

For the most part. At first I thought the front of the outer barrel (black part) was plastic as it has a pretty nasty seam line on either side and had a very polymer-ish finish. but it is metal.

Nice weight and balance.

Came with a black slide stop lever out of the box which is nice, added that little bit of extra contrast that I wanted.

Gas route rubber, nozzle and nozzle spacer/guide (inside the nozzle/BBU) and floating valve are red polymer, that i associate with "enhanced". No idea if it is.

The grip is phat, as in nice and cool, but also fat, as in pretty wide. My slender hands find it just about bearable to get a comfortable single handed grip.

Safety is very firm, nice and clicky both on and off. No wonkyness when safety is on and working the trigger and releasing the safety, i.e. it doesn't drop the hammer when you take it off safe after working the trigger.

Slide action feels nice and crisp when racking it. I usually want more "umph" out of the box but this one feels just right!

Not test fired it yet. Will be playing with it some more and do an unboxing and review video.

I have never had a WE 1911 but I am pretty sure it's based on one. But overall it feels good for a $110 USD gun (silver version). Definately a "couch" gun :P

Front sight is painted in a little wonky, more like a derpy oval than a circle but that can be fixed.

Oh, BTW, AW Custom have out-of-the box two tone models listed on their website so I guess those might be coming shortly.

http://www.armorerworks.com/airsoft/guns/pistols/ne-series.html

Some DSLR deluxe pics!

The scratches on the slide on this first pic are pretty much only visible at that specific angle :P

And I am pretty sure I put them there by using a dirty micro-fiber cloth to wipe it down.

CreQT4e.png

2ZEBY5I.png

GHcrV7r.png

One thing I forgot to mention that bothers me a little bit.

If you look at the lower edges of the slide at the right angle you can see it kind of curves off or has a fall-off to it. Seen that on pictures of original WE 1911s as well, mostly visible on silver models. Looks kind of cheap and derpy IMO and detracts from the overall look.

EDIT: Just tested dry-firing a magazine. Nice, sharp and crisp blowback and sound. The sound profile is different to my other full size pistols. Kind of more high pitch, like the sound difference between a 9mm and a .45 in "real life".

Got about 50-55 shots from a fill of gas and the last 10 were significantly weaker. Not too bad for such a small magazine powering a full metal slide :D

Some additional pictures (iPhone this time).

Kind of interesting that there is no alignment nub/pin on the recoil spring guide rod.

z2VdrmC.png

GFsALav.png

lufyG5o.png

RI4HxWx.png

aWoRqrU.png

Outer barrel seam line :(

GZXtSdF.png

Standard pinned 1911 magazine design. Guess to save space in the gas resevoir.

6fDFa4a.png

3jHUu22.png

Archived