AW Custom 1911/V10 compact GBB pistol :D

NonEx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

I can confirm RS Hogue are a drop in fit on these. Although I did have to pry one of the bottom side screw holes in place with a punch, stretching the rubber a bit to make it fit. But no biggie. I guess you could remove some material from the inside of the front of the bottom the grip, but not sure what tool would work well to remove rubber? :o 

The exact ones I bought were: Officers 1911, Compact And Clones, 1911 Officers Model Rubber grip with Finger Grooves Black, SKU 43000.

https://www.hogueinc.com/officers-model-rubber-grip-with-finger-grooves-black

I have also ordered some M4 hex/allen head screws to install as grip screws.

Unfortunately my CRW V10 full marking frame replacement (spelling mistake on the first one I got) is still in customs pending an investigation. No idea what is happening or if/when I might get it 😞

Well... Upon closer inspection it turns out I was wrong.

The grips weren't sitting flush against the frame because the bottom outer diameter of the frame screw bushing are 7mm, where as the holes in the RS Hogue grips are 6mm.

So of course I took out my drill and a 7mm drill bit and went to down. And then they fit flush.

But wait... Now there is no lip inside the grip screw holes to hold down the screw heads against the screw bushings... D'oh!

So I guess I will have to make some DIY spacers and superglue/epoxy in place to hold the grips against the frame.

Not sure if just widening out the back edges on the grip screw holes would work as I am unsure how high up the inside lip was originally.

Oh wells.

Archived