Tokyo Marui Teaser 2017

renegadecow

Are people even interested in the recoil AK line?  I see waaaaay more LCTs et al on the field (and obviously AR variants and SCARs in terms of other recoil guns).

I may just be missing some large user group and quite happy to admit as such, but the lack of stop-on-empty just completely kills that line for me personally.  Been a long while since they put out a new one though so could be a surprise in store.

One of my current projects is to transplant the KWA ERG AK internals into an E&L steel kit, I've a sent them off to be machined to fit, which might not work at all, risky project. My issue with airsoft AKs is that the lack of stop on empty is a buzzkill, and the lack of steel is an even bigger buzzkill, and the full steel CTW AK has no recoil also a buzzkill, they manage to attempt AK AEGs so many times, with each iteration missing a vital piece the others have, so the only option so far has been GBBRs...

I own various dboys kalashes, a RS svd, and a LCT RPK, but if there was a TM locally that wasn't beyond the price of the latter (and if I still actually got out to shoot them) I'd grab a TM one in a heartbeat.  I know airsplat during their whole upheaval had some 102's at lower price a year back or so but that was about it.

I've seen some folks like the fellow that runs the Northern Pact page run a TM with great success, and despite not being steel or real spec, I feel the owners of them enjoy them just as much.

IIRC, a mate staying over in Japan (Vorpal) has talked to TM over the years and at one point got the comment that next to the vsr sound models, the ak  recoils were the most underwhelming releases for TM, hence their discontinuation.  I feel like they released them too late in the end.

I'd like a TM magic pixie dust ak in a more up to date build construction, but it just doesn't sell for them as much as everything else they produce.

Are people even interested in the recoil AK line? I see waaaaay more LCTs et al on the field (and obviously AR variants and SCARs in terms of other recoil guns).

I may just be missing some large user group and quite happy to admit as such, but the lack of stop-on-empty just completely kills that line for me personally. Been a long while since they put out a new one though so could be a surprise in store.

I am. I'd love E&L or LCT having a next gen AK line.

Even ASG EVO recoil less system is nive to have.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Bear in mind when I say the recoil line I very specifically mean the existing TM offerings.  So as Gunmane says, the answer to my question is essentially no given how little TM have apparently sold of them.

Fingers crossed they've shaken things up for this new model.  If the previous ones had lacklustre sales performance and they've gone back to the older design, there's a chance they might've made some significant change.

Bear in mind when I say the recoil line I very specifically mean the existing TM offerings.  So as Gunmane says, the answer to my question is essentially no given how little TM have apparently sold of them.

Fingers crossed they've shaken things up for this new model.  If the previous ones had lacklustre sales performance and they've gone back to the older design, there's a chance they might've made some significant change.

That's probably because they only added a bit of recoil to the AK series, and I believe that required a new type of gearbox in the AK. Not worth it then to me. I'd wanted the bolt-stop function and I still do. They let me down a little compared with the NG AR's, 416's and Scar's.

The lack of stop on empty does seem like a missed point. My personal take on the whole Tokyo Marui recoil AK thing was that they got killed by all the GBBR AKs out there, and with AEGs you can get a mostly steel AEG for under 200 euros, or a really nice pretty much entirely steel one for over 200 euros. That said I really enjoyed shooting a recoil AK-102, though I felt it was an odd model to go for. For a no fuss, great out of the box recoil replica it did everything I wanted it to, but by the time I realised that they'd already stopped production of the AK-74m. A recoil AK-47 has me less excited, a recoil AKM that stopped on empty would be fantastic.

So.  What are the bets that 'and more' will be anything interesting or just some derivative of something? I'm not holding my breath but I can't remember if the AA12 was out of the blue so could be something good I suppose.

Why 47 tough? I don't even think it's a popular model. AKM would have been better IMO. Or something modern.

The other announcements are kinda meh to me(the USP should have been out sooner). The only intresting thing for me was the red dot. Finally a small dot that can withstand pistol recoil?

Archived