Umarex MP40 GBB

blobface

The mechanism is confusing the hell out of me too. Many are speculating KWC but that "closed bolt" integrated into the magazine design smells more like Win Gun, as does that safety/selector like on their Colt SAA. Price is right and there's at least some recoil to it, but the oddness of the mechanism just kills it for me. 

They dientes add a hop-up unit because its Umarex (only one level above Cybergun) and they put cutting corneta before putting out a finished product.

Its pretty pathetic to listen ti the Redwolf Guy asking how users intend to add a hop-up.

How long would have it taken them yo design a hop-up unit into the gun?

Sorry for the double post, but its pretty unbelievable how unreliable this industry is.

I have many hobbies and this is basically the only one in which the main product, in most cases, needs some type of upgrade or modification before using it for its intended use.

Can you imagine needing to read reviews before buying a car or a cellphone just to find out if it works out of the box or how many weekends you get out of it before it breaks?

I think the price is ok, but I don't like the ROF.

FPS seems very inconsistent in another review where they guy said he saw the FPS go higher than 400.

I do like the gas efficiency though.

I'm still probably going to buy it as I've been waiting for a GBB mp40. The KWA will probably never hit the market at this rate.

If you are converting a metal bb gun to 6 mms for the game, this is the starting point.

OPEN BOLT

metal

blowback!

Even if you do not understand english just the baby face of the guy tells you all you need to know.

What makes me wonder is that this is meant to be also UMAREX, so how can you loose the point having already the open bolt done??? also airsoft open bolts are not a big problem and if you are not adding a regulable hop up what is the need to convert to closed bolt?

By minute 2:53 the show is finish and goes to a m9 beretta with full auto :/

The mp40 still fires from an open bolt in the sense that the bolt goes forward to fire when the trigger is pulled.

Some of us are getting confused by WE terminology again. The gun has a closed chamber design, so we coined the term closed bolt to describe it when they had the AWSS designs in their GBBRs. Then, when they designed their open air chamber, they called it the open bolt.

So, since this gun has a closed chamber design as it appears to fire directly out of the magazine like a KJW MK1 or more accurately, like a WG/G&G extreme .45, redwolf decided to say it's a closed bolt and then directly talks about the older WE rifles.

Sounds like, internally, it uses a mechanism similar to a KWA M11 or KWC UZI with it clicking in semi.

Can't decide who the OEM is, KWC? 

Nope, this is far bellow the already poor KWC standards. Seems like the kind of stuff Wingun would do. An airgun poorly converted to airsoft. Just look at the magazine valve design, it's extremely similar to Wingun's M44 Mosin-Nagant, with which it shares the lack of hop.

The mp40 still fires from an open bolt in the sense that the bolt goes forward to fire when the trigger is pulled.

Some of us are getting confused by WE terminology again. The gun has a closed chamber design, so we coined the term closed bolt to describe it when they had the AWSS designs in their GBBRs. Then, when they designed their open air chamber, they called it the open bolt.

Except it actually fires from a closed bolt position, both in real guns terms as in weir WE terms. Just look at the above video (of the airgun version) at about 2:22

It seems like pretty much all exterior parts are steel though. That is a big + in my book

Can anyone confirm this?

It's not. According to the initial review video by Red Wolf, the only steel parts are the pins, everything else is metal (alluminium according to Tim... I'm pretty sure it's not even that but zamak)

What makes me wonder is that this is meant to be also UMAREX, so how can you loose the point having already the open bolt done??? also airsoft open bolts are not a big problem and if you are not adding a regulable hop up what is the need to convert to closed bolt?

Well, I've yet to see an open bolt (in real gun terms) airsoft gun that's anything better than awful. Not an easy job at all, feeding has to be perfect, the nozzle is extremely hard to keep attached to the hop bucking for long enough (which is 50% of any GBB performance), and timing has to be extremely precise.

---------------

So.. a poorly designed  pot metal gun with no hop up that doesn't even mimics the real gun function. Buck *fruitcage* it, it's a MP40 GBB!!!

Archived