American Airsoft Factory EBB AR (GBLS alternative?)

blobface

https://www.americanairsoftfactory.com

[TL;DR] Recoil AEG with cycling bolt, recoil on video looks comparable to BOLT EBB / some GBBR, mechanical trigger as it releases the piston with a sear, stop on empty with all standard M4 magazines, this includes hi-cap.

Pricing between $1080 - 1300, and they clearly understand that market in that they release bare kit at the lowest price point for those who would rather use their own externals. 

MAS_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1508876523

Materials_and_finish_1024x1024.jpg?v=149

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the price is very reasonable, very good materials (and the transparency of material choice is also much appreciated), it's PTW price but with recoil, mechanical trigger, cheap mags and lock back on empty (as oppose to just stop firing, it actually locks back)... I own too many next-gen TMs, but perhaps I'll be replacing them with this platform one day..! 

Damn, this seems too good to be true.  Which it is because I'm not personally paying that much to have (imho) fugly trades engraved in to the lower.  They demonstrate an understanding of the market they're going for unlike any other company I've seen in airsoft with the 'skeleton' models.. then *fruitcage* it up with that lower.  Struggling with why the pistol grip so badly doesn't line up and what the idea is with that integrated KAC (?) trigger guard, pretty sure that was never a thing?

Sorry.. had to get the negativity out.  Lot of TM-beating stuff here, obviously with a price to match, I think Systema is so utterly irrelevant at this point in time (doubly so with their 'recoil') the only competition I'd say are GBLS.  AAF seem to have done a LOT right here, again the mag compatibility demonstrates a very rare understanding of the market.  As mentioned, very impressed with the openness about the materials, the receivers have a lot of iron and silicone in them from the A380 composition I googled but I've no idea on the composition of regular G&G/ICS/VFC 'alloy'.  Nice to see deans on there as well.

Function wise it's looking really good, strong recoil appearance, much better wiring setup and looks like a better trigger pull than GBLS.  Sort out the pistol grip area and either just paint the trades on or leave the thing plain because you know in this price range you're selling to the sort of people who go all in when it comes to personal custom engraving, laser markings, cerakote etc.

Can't blame them for being proud of their own name. Plus, being in the US they'd be easily sued if they put on brand names without proper licensing. And proper licensing will only mean an even higher price tag. Then again, it's already way up there so an extra $100 wouldn't exactly be a tipping point for those that can already afford it. Fortunately for me, GBBRs are relatively cheap and I live on the equator.

The marking isn't really an issue to be honest, I use Run In Workshop and they offer filling and engraving services, so if you're going to spend the coins on custom marking a blank receiver, it doesn't cost that much more for them to cover up the AAF marking before getting our favourite trades put on. 

However, yeah, dafuq is with the pistol grip / trigger guard... ? 

Can't blame them for being proud of their own name.

Totally agree , I know some players hate it , but me personally as long as it’s not something ridiculous I don’t have eny problem with my gatts having ‘incorrect’ markings on them . Not something that bothers me or all my team mates either , all that matters to us is how they perform on the field .

So I'm guessing that it's using some sort of electronic hop unit like the ASHU to detect when magazines stop feeding in order to engage the bolt lock?

I dont think they are. They seem to have abandoned the V2 type hop unit, understandably with the reciprocating bolt flying back and forth through where the hop unit would be, and have, instead, gone for a GBB style hop unit (from the pic in the OP). The front of the "bolt" has a GBB style BB stripper below the air nozzle. With the rifle using Standard AEG mags they wont have the GBB feed lips to work with the GBB style bolt.

My thinking is, from the view down the magwell in the video, that the 'stop on empty' cleverness is built in to the aluminium looking part in the mag well which will take the BBs from the AEG mag and feed them in to some kind of GBB type feed lips ready for being fed in to the hop unit. With a fancy permanently fixed feed path there, and the other electronics you can see for the trigger near by, having a BB sensor in there too isnt so hard.

CTR Stock is $60, MOE handguards $30, some generic airsoft A frame gas block and flash hider easily obtained for the remaining $30, might be able to squeeze a barrel nut/delta ring or at least the front retainer cap in to that money.  Maybe 'losing out' on about $10 (though personally I much prefer the bare-bones model), 25 maximum I'd say vs the Mako standard rifle on the site.

Apologies if I'm being picky but apart from the bolt locking / cocking, is this really that different from my KWA ERG? If I had a grand to drop on a new AEG then I'd be interested but... I could have four ERGs instead.

Well, the system is completely different. The KWA doesn't have a realistic looking bolt carrier that moves and all the "recoil" is generated at the buffer tube, which is also the wrong position for having all the movement.

Also, you cannot split open a KWA rifle like you would with a real one, but that's possible with the GBLS and this one.

The KWA design is closer to regular AEGs, with an added gimmick. These take the bolt movement as the main objective and go on from there.

The biggest difference is the more realistic trigger sensation and bolt release sensation, plus the requirement to use the charging handle to load the first round, the fact that there's a bolt that actually travels back and fourth at the right place (instead of a weight in the buffer tube as per ERG / TMNGR) is also a huge bonus. For me, these differences are enough for me to consider getting rid of my TM next-gen ARs for this system, provided it's proven reliable. 

Over here, if I'm building something the might work similarly, a TM next-gen is around £450 new, to replicate the trigger, you'd want a £100 BTC fet with pre-cock on, a £80 motor to drive it, £50 for prometheus piston and head (which is probably at least required for that pre-cocking stress), and that's bare minimum for me, that's at £680 and still you're missing the charging handle function and the actual sensation of the bolt release and trigger, with unrealistic weight distribution and lesser recoil sensation and material.  

Archived