American Airsoft Factory EBB AR (GBLS alternative?)

blobface

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooh, I like the look of that a lot. As always I have a difficult choice when it comes to what I want, model wise like many I have specific tastes, and my next rifle I plan to get a HK416. I so far think the only option I would be happy with is vfc gbb (probably until I try to use it), but this has a lot of the things that would make me happy provided I could get the external ascetics that I want.

Price is a consideration of course, but so is usability and reliability. I can work with gbb, but I am not electronically minded, so if it is too complex then I can't deal with it myself, but gas has limitations with temperatures.

As always though I am really happy to see some innovation in airsoft, it does seem to come rather slowly sometimes.

Provided you entirely ignore a bunch of key/major features, the 2 are almost identical.

I didn't- you decided to clip your quote.

I'm talking about usability, playability and realism when firing, not underlying design. So actually apart from the moving bolt, there's little difference when you pull the trigger... it uses std mags, recoils, and BBs come out the end. Only the bolt moving differentiates it from a TM or KWA.

Plus, I was posing a rhetorical question.

To be fair I thought CK's sarcasm was kinda uncalled for, but your follow up response kinda justified it.. There's a day and night difference when you "pull the trigger"... mechanical trigger vs AEG contact trigger, if you think there's no difference between those two, and BBs come out when you shoot, then CK was right, there's no difference, if you ignore everything about it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't- you decided to clip your quote.

I'm talking about usability, playability and realism when firing, not underlying design. So actually apart from the moving bolt, there's little difference when you pull the trigger... it uses std mags, recoils, and BBs come out the end. Only the bolt moving differentiates it from a TM or KWA.

Plus, I was posing a rhetorical question.

The underlying design is important, because things get simplified. I could write 4 pages detailing why the ASG EVO is awesome, but simplified into features it would just be "parts compatability, neo motor, QD spring, ASCU". Same thing goes for why people want to spend £500 (+£500 in upgrades) on a TM recoil. Empty mag stop and recoil seems pretty thin right. But there are reasons as a whole why people like it.

So we like the AAF thing because of some interesting design approaches that we like better. Not just "has button, push button for X".

I'm looking forward to that write-up! I'm really hoping this turns out reliable and decently accurate, could be a game changer imho. 

Also it apparently uses standard motors and gears, according to the creator of the video at the start of the thread(in YT comments).  

Edit: went to their facebook page, they said on the 17th october that they estimated to start shipping them out at the end of november. So hopefully that hasn't changed TOO much. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived