More Golden Eagle/JG Shotguns (including a Serbu?)

chas

Alright, on regards to the Serbu, it doesnt say it's a gas shottie and gives an ammo count of 30 BBs. Plus, if they are expanding their Marui clone series, why would they come up with a totally different system right now? Agreed, I am a bit iffy about the fact that this is the only product that doesn't carry the "tri-shot" or "tri-burst" in the titel, but here is hoping.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p36268/Golden-Eagle-M870-Gas-Pump-Action-Shotgun-(Black)/product_info.html

Tan M870 with black furniture and extended shell tube.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p36313/Golden-Eagle-M870-Tri-Burst-Gas-Pump-Action-Shotgun-(Tan)/product_info.html

Keymod-grip super-tactical minimalist-stock thing

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p36316/Golden-Eagle-M870-Tri-Shot-Gas-Pump-Action-Shotgun/product_info.html

Soooo... when's the Breacher due?

Serbu -has- mention of gas, tho?

Gas: 8KG (134a), 12KG (Green Gas)

Could be added after you looked at it, perhaps?

Sorry, I wrote nonsense.

What I meant to say is that it does not say it's a 3/6-shot specifically, but it does say it's gas and 30 rounds. Given the overall look, it would be a let-down if it wasn't a Marui clone.

BTW: if the Serbu style shottie is indeed a marui clone, the can not only make a Breacher, but also a Mad Dog variant!

EDIT: As well as more classic 870 variants, with a folding stock (Why hasn't Marui made this? they already figured out the gas-in-grip system...) or wood furniture.

Seriously: the Marui system allows for basically anything but a Masterkey. BUT i would mind hiding a gas tank in a dummy AEG magazine and have a little gas line running from the magazine to the shotgun.

Sadface, i was hoping for one somewhere along the line, maybe with some other gas storage solution. One can still hope...

All that empty space in the magazine tube would hold a decent gas tank.

Yeah, but remember the magazine shell is in the way, it would be complicated to feed it from the front. They would need to change a lot.

Anyway, if you really want one, I figure you can get a Breacher and put the gas tank eitther in a fake magazine or even in a PEQ box.

@RC: when I say clone, I don't mean 100%, but it only makes dense to hola from an already existing design and modify it. And the closest thing (given no stock, but a pistol grip) would be the Marui Breacher.

Can you link to the thing you just posted?

That "almost serbu" shouldn't be too hard to mod to get it closer to the real one (barrel length wise).... I was already planning on modding my TM breacher to a serbu, this makes things a lot simpler (and cheaper as well). All that remains is the question: Is that a TM clone? Or an original chinesium model? (Highly doubtful)

Wait.. is there any reason to think these won't carry the very same TM style internals (the one with the 3/6 rnds selector) as the other recent Golden Eagle (and their many rebrands such as Secutor, JAG Scattergun, etc) do??

Yes, because there is no obvious gas storage visible in the picture. Unless the grip is a solid tank (direct inject).

Yeah, but it would be so weird for them to not make it a Marui clone.

Granted, Golden Eagle/JG could always commission whoever makes all those 1-shot springers for the Serbu, but given that Marui has already shown us how to put a gas tank in a pistol grip, why would you not do the Serbu like that? You'd have the only non shell ejecting shotgun on the market that shoots more than one BB.

If you look at lot of clones (e.g. Army GBB G36) they are not 100% clones, but more like 80-90%. A 10% is all it would cost GE/JG to make the Serbu a 3/6 shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived