• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 AliceHKfan

AliceHKfan

pewpewpew

• Global Moderators
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

looks like the USP F is due out soon, I saw the preorder status on WGC Shop and on Tokyo Marui's website they posted a wallpaper for it

cl_01_1920.jpg

• DrAlexanderTobacco likes this

Moe Moe KYUN!!

#2 NonEx

NonEx

I'm Awesome! :D

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:45 AM

What does the F signify? :o 

#3 AliceHKfan

AliceHKfan

pewpewpew

• Global Moderators
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Full Size

edit: I took a look at the stock photo of the spare mag...they based them off the older plastic style ones...though they're probably made of metal lol

Moe Moe KYUN!!

#4 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Kuroko *derp*

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:39 AM

Ooo, first time I'd consider a USP.

Hope they don't use that stupid pinned baseplate they did with the M&P and go back to the screw-in bases.

IMG_6423.jpg

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

#5 mrsevenstars

mrsevenstars

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

Same here, the pinned mags have been a pain on m&ps

#6 DarkLite

DarkLite

Yes, commander, my hat is large and my cloak is billowing.

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,128 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

I'm starting to suspect the pinned mags are actually a way for TM to deter their customers from using green/propane so they won't fall afoul of the 0.98j law.

banner-smoller.png

#7 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Kuroko *derp*

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

Time to grab those RTV silicone tubes then :D

IMG_6423.jpg

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

#8 renegadecow

renegadecow

is brony

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

Try latex based sealants, lasts longer. Oldest one's in my Detonics mags going on maybe 8-9 years now.

#9 AliceHKfan

AliceHKfan

pewpewpew

• Global Moderators
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:16 AM

I like how in the wallpaper they used the old school USP cases...but the real ones are much lighter in colour iirc

Moe Moe KYUN!!

#10 mrsevenstars

mrsevenstars

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:10 AM

Latex? Like caulking or window sealant? How hard is it to remove once hardened? Ive been using Permatex gasket sealer and its worked well unless i didnt seal it well, then its absolute hell to remove it and do again.

Try latex based sealants, lasts longer. Oldest one's in my Detonics mags going on maybe 8-9 years now.

• The Real Deadpool likes this

#11 renegadecow

renegadecow

is brony

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:19 AM

The one I'm using is advertised as a general purpose sealant but from the smell of it it's basically roof sealant. Can get tough to remove depending on surface area as it hardens to something like a rubber eraser. Definitely want to be careful in degreasing everything before application.

#12 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Kuroko *derp*

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

The sealants leak over time? I've never had a problem with mags I've treated already.

The smell's bad enough lol.

IMG_6423.jpg

#13 renegadecow

renegadecow

is brony

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

If you use green gas the silicone oil in it will eventually dissolve RTV silicone sealants and makes a big mess as it goes out the valve/BBU/barrel. It's a very slow process though and not a problem if you use propane or even alternately use propane and green gas.

#14 swatti

swatti

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:16 AM

Ok, USP, now let's see about the big brother, the MK23 as gbb.

The ONLY thing keeping me from bying the KSC in STEEEEEL is these USPs coming as tm would, with tons of mods take Co2. Regular gas in no-no here.
There's no bright light in end of the tunnel, just a long walk back to the off-game area...

#15 AliceHKfan

AliceHKfan

pewpewpew

• Global Moderators
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

now that I think about it due to Swatti's comment, I wonder if TM replicated the recoil spring like KSC did

Moe Moe KYUN!!

#16 Horsem4n

Horsem4n

Visualizes rails on EVERYTHING

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

yay, been waiting for this one for a while. not sure when I'll be able to buy one yet though.

Someone has to make my day eventually with a USP Elite slide kit.

• AliceHKfan likes this

Photobucket finally cracked down on 3rd party hosting and now all my pics are hidden

#17 Skarclaw

Skarclaw

Biggest Lad on Arnies

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

Impulse have them listed as in stock, they have a Nova tactical slide too.

http://impulse101.jp/en/gbb/tokyo-marui-hk-usp-gbb-3638?search_query=USP&results=63

& Echigoya but out of stock

http://echigoya-guns.com/en/gas-pistols/504-hk-usp-gbb.html?search_query=TOKYO+MARUI+USP&results=3

wtb: gbbr m4 pistol grip 

please sell me a gbbr m4 pistol grip 

#18 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:35 AM

oh dear god I hope someone reviews that Nova slide soon, that thing is gorgeous

#19 Mobius Strip

Mobius Strip

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

Not the best photos but it will give you some idea.

USP Tactical has the Nova slide.
Standard USP has the Detonator slide.

DSC_001401_zpsljyrjpkf.jpg
DSC_001301_zpsnf0s98lx.jpg
DSC_001501_zps2ssy6pyr.jpg
DSC04177_zpsetuno5gv.jpg

The Detonator slide has a slightly more grey appearance than the Nova.
The finish on the Detonator is more smooth than the matt finish of the Nova (it's not rough per se, just the Detonator finish is so smooth).
The white lettering is etched deeper on the Detonator.

Both slides went together easily but Detonator's moving extractor requires fitting a replacement nozzle spring guide/stop which simply does not seem to stay securely in place allowing unwanted movement of the spring. To allow the use of the standard TM nozzle spring guide/stop, I modified the standard TM extractor to fit, then refinished it before installation. It would be possible to cut a piece off of the TM extractor to allow the use of the Detonator extractor but I am happy with the TM part. For the moment, anyway ;)

The Nova comes with it's own aluminium sights.
I did order some steel Detonator sights to go with the Detonator slide but as they went wayward in the post I fitted the standard TM sights as I could not wait.
I did not try swapping the sights between brands of slide but it would be logical to think that they would be the same.

The Tactical barrel allowed for a longer inner barrel to be fitted. I used a 112.5mm barrel.

The USP has got quite a kick. Shooting side by side with an HK45 (both guns fitted with Detonator slides), it feels a bit heavier to me.
I should add that there is no real difference in kick with either the Detonator or Nova slide on the USP.

Shame about the TM markings on the frame, but they do not seem as intrusive as the one's on the USP Compact.

To date, I have used the Detonator fitted USP in a skirmish and it performed admirably.

If you have any questions fire away!
  • jv83 likes this

#20 DarkLite

DarkLite

Yes, commander, my hat is large and my cloak is billowing.

• Commercial User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,128 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

If you have any questions fire away!

How do you intend to replace my trousers after inducing an erection so violent that they've split the seams from one ankle to the other?

• sandstorm, Mobius Strip and Wingmann like this

banner-smoller.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Site Meter