Hephaestus GBB PP19-01

blobface

If this turns out good I'll throw a sack of money their way. 

I am somewhat concerned about the magazines though, I remember they did some sort of plastic 7.62 mag for the GHK AK a while back which apparently wasn't great, at least compared to the GHK ones. I haven't seen much about their 9x39 ones for the Groza though, so maybe they've gotten better.

This would be the first time they "make" a magazine... those other mags were just modification from existing GHK mags, and it's their BB feed tubes that they messed up, I have two of their long AK mags, they worked, but not perfectly, my orange one splits a little bit when it's loaded full, I had to bond them together. 

The other thing is their Tavor performed poorly compared to any other GHK guns, and this PP-19-01, like the Tarkov, will be internals of their own, so I'll wait patiently for reviews and videos before putting money into this platform. 

Meh, close enough. 

Untitled-1.jpg

I took it that they were just saying that because they're now getting into more "modern" Russian stuff beside AK types by using LCT bodies instead of because they're 9mm guns. Besides, they've already done a OTs-14 9x39mm mag for the GHK x Hephaestus Groza. 

If I am not mistaken the King Arms VSS is almost 1:1 to the real one.. It doesnt have that ugly hump the LCT ones have for the battery space.. But yeah thats off topic even if we all wish it was a 9x39 and not a 9x19 :D
A PP-19 is a breath of fresh air i guess, I always liked the idea of an SMG AK but stopped being interested in AEGs a long time ago..

Kings Arms is better but still far off. The bore axis on the real one is so low that the top of the trigger guard should be right around level with the bottom of the suppressor. Sticking with a version 3 gearbox will never get you those dimensions even with Kings Arms making the functional bore higher on the suppressor.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived