SHOT Show 2018 - MP7 AEG, Vector M4 hybrid, Tayver with bolt catch, Scatter Cannon

Horsem4n

Im very surprised nobody threw up a SHOT thread yet, but then again, there isn't much that's truly new.

Were getting more AEGs with bolt stop from KWA and from Elite force, namely KWAs new TK45 and Elite Force's Tayver. there really isnt a lot of details right now even though we are half way through SHOT cause there could be more.

Elite force is also releasing, at some point, an MP7 with a "standard V2 gear set", so thats really cool. Wonder what other parts end up being standard parts?

Theres some extra info for the elite force stuff here

The Ronin TK45 should be coming out in KWAs AEG 2.5 system (bolt lock) and in their AEG 3 system (bolt lock and recoil). It uses a proprietary mag instead of something similar to the Kriss vector AEG (though, its still obviously an FU to Kriss for whatever reason)

Elite force delayed the CO2 GBB MP40 cause they are apparently implementing a hop up for the american release of the 6mm model, which is supposed to be this year finally.

The new Elite force Tayver comes with "avalon" internals (isnt avalon vfc?) with a computer mosfet and a bolt stop function. Hopefully they use similar mags to either KWAs bolt stop M4s or Maruis next gen. there is only a short mention of the tayvers here, i'll try to find more

Jag precision are releasing gen 2 scatterguns, which show a nice improvement to performance and reliability, but one of the models is 2 of the *fruitcage*ers strapped together for double barrel pump action goodness.

Jag also has a Windrunner (they call it the vanquish arms sniper rifle) in the pipe. like the Cheytac m200, but without the wonky barrel shroud. takes down like the real one and uses VSR buckings and AEG springs. Also is overall smaller and lighter weight than a full .408 or .50 cal rifle. as if chambered in maybe .308 or .300wmr. Very cool rifle and they also mentioned CO2 bolts are planned.

Edit: I was half listening to jet talk about the tayver, i misheard the shenanigans. there is no bolt lock on the new tayver with the avalon internals. my bad.

Elite force Tayver

I have to ask: why are you spelling it 'Tayver' when everyone, even IWI, spells it 'Tavor'?

PTW HPA system?

Why bother?

1:1 externals and RS compatibility? Or maybe because PTW buyers are proven suckers walking sunk-cost fallacies demonstrably high-value customers and they're trying to exploit a lucrative niche.

1:1 externals and RS compatibility? Or maybe because PTW buyers are proven suckers walking sunk-cost fallacies demonstrably high-value customers and they're trying to exploit a lucrative niche.

I get that buying a PTW is as good as bending over, pulling down your trousers and tattooing "PLEASE TAKE ALL MY MONEY AND ROGER ME SENSELESS" on your *albartroth* but in terms of 1:1 externals and RS compatibility, you can do that with WE GBB M4s and do it cheaper with a better hop up system.

I have to ask: why are you spelling it 'Tayver' when everyone, even IWI, spells it 'Tavor'?

I heard some southern good'ol'boy pronounce it that way some time ago on youtube and have been pronouncing it that way and spelling it that way myself since then. Like a personal meme.

One of the coolest guns in the show, but being KWA, i'm not sure when will it be released or the pricetag, TBH, I really like the CA X9, just hope they change the upper receiver to a more 9mm fashion and let me put an M4 stock, the stock one is too short for people with long arms :lol:

yes, this and the CA X9(april/may release) look quite good, just hope KWA manages to release it before the trend is long gone. But, to be honest, I prefer the CA route, it has no bolt stop function, but these systems really shorten the round count in mags, and these being pistol mags... well, I don't expect them to have more than 70 rounds (being VERY positive)

from my experience, the lower the mag capacity the more reliable the mag feeds. when i had 190rnd AR midcaps, they took a lot of maintenance to work, while my cheapo 70 rounders never needed to be touched. could also be brand too, but my 70 rounders were from a cheap brand (not an ares brand though) and my 190 rounders were the MAG steel ones. My guns i usually have shooting between 16 to 23 RPS, so not too fast.

That's because lowcaps are single stacked, while midcaps (+100 rds) are double stacked, double stacked, depending on their followers and bbs, can be a pain. Now, these TK45 mags will surely be double stacked with a low round count, so the bolt lock mechanism doesn't reduce too much the space for bbs.

Not that I'm worried about single or double stacked mags, I have too many AR/AK mags and none of them misfeeds or jams unless I use *suitcasey bbs. For the record, I don't run any maintenance on my mags, only in one PTS SR25 mag which refuses to work no matter what I do...

Although I do agree with you, single stacked mags are inherently more reliable than double stacked ones 

Archived