Maruzen Beretta M93R NBB

snowman

It's slipped quietly onto the market, but Maruzen's NBB M93R is now available at Guns N Guys for $HK650.

Be interesting to see how a gas NBB M93R stacks up, especially with TM's AEG just launched.

Most reports on Maruzen's P99 are positive, so I'd expect the M93R to be good, too, but who knows...

It'll be interesting to see if they've used Bullet Valve technology or something new to provide auto fire on a NBB.

Cheers.

I spotted this out too a minute ago, looks interesting. And reasonably priced. I wonder how´s the burst capability? I recall spotting a rumour here in the forums, that this NBB shoots only semi (well, NBB style semi, of course). If so, I suspect it to disappoint a lot of skirmishers.

According to Redwolf, the gun is "single, double action". Which is also what they state for SOME of the revolvers (most are just marked "single".

Also, there is no mention of burst capability in the description.

Can this 93r NBB really be semi only? It is almost laughable. :blink:

A slight disappointment, granted. I suspect that it´s not very easy to design a NBB system which could shoot full auto and NOT guzzle gas like a SUV truck. I believe that also counts for classic BV mechanism, which probably isn´t the most economical thing to operate with conventional airsoft gasses, HFC134a and Green Gas.

But, be honest to yourselves, is this really THAT bad news? Considering that we already have repeater springer replicas of semi-auto guns, even overpriced springer versions of full auto SMGs and assault rifles. And I´m not yet convinced which one actually makes less sense: a semi-auto only version of burst capable pistol, or a full auto capable version of semi-automatic pistol (if you recall, Marui has plans for USP AEP...).

Sorry, but there´s not much nicer way I could put this. Not meaning to bash any concept over another, just making a point from another angle. While AEP´s sole purpose is to be a hardcore skirmish tool, this Maruzen 93R NBB is that too. But from another viewpoint. I guess its virtues are good power, simple and foolproof mechanism and low gas consumption.

I don´t know.

The argument for spring semi-autos being price. A GBB will set you back £65 minimum, a springer pistol £20-30. Now, I appreciate this thing is cheap, but why make a semi auto only replica of a gun who's desirability is based on it being full auto? They could have made an M9/92F that would have had greater appeal. Hell, do a decent silenced M9 NBB and I'd be first in line for one.

Also, the 93 is bulkier than the 92, so a little more difficult to holster and lug around. I'm sure that technically it's a good pistol, but I can't see why they didn't put the internals in a gun that wouldn't make people think "Oh, it's not full auto. Meh. Shan't bother."

From the NBB buyers point of view, surely the SOCOM or P99 still top the list, by virtue of soming with a silencer and therefore filling a specific role. What role does this fill?

:zorro:

Sure they could have built the NBB mechanism into a 92F shell, as it would make more sense. The M93R does have a longer barrel and magazine, which will make it more of a skirmish gun than a collector's piece. Some airsofters choose their weapon based on practical reasons and mind less about realism.

Marui put their springer shotgun internals into the SPAS 12 and Benelli shotguns, which both are semi auto / pump action in real life. I don't recall hearing people complaining that Marui should have put the internals into a regular pump action shotgun.

-Sale

Sure, some people go for practicality over realism. But not many. If you want a 93R, you now have a choice of the TM AEP, KSC/KWA GBB or this NBB. The NBB is the only one without full auto. "Ah, but you could silence it." Ah, but I can buy silenced NBBs already, without the need for modification.

As I said, I'm sure it's a good gun, I just don't see who will buy it.

:zorro:

What role does this fill?

I don´t know. Maybe it´s targeted for those who want a 93R over 92F? Who knows what the Japanese want? It´s not the first time we´ve seen something daft in airsoft world. And airsoft manufacturers aren´t really too pedantic over what their customers need. It´s what they want, I suppose. Maybe in Japan there´s a whole bunch of potential buyers.

Hey, maybe it´s a "civilian" version of M93R? Rigged for semi only? :D

I agree with sledge on the silenced 92f, hitman stylee.

People like the mk23 for its function, but its bulky and ugly. People like the P99 for its compactness and function, but again its pretty ugly.

92f has proved to be a good seller, and so why not combine form with function and have it come with a silencer in a boxed set

Archived