My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Really? Thought NAE was *suitcase* in 06 (last time I went) and by all accounts they have over 1k players! 

Yeah. I usually go with my "not a serious game day" hat on, and was surprised that it was so good.

May be a case of "its what you make of it" but when that many people are involved it takes a lot of making if that is the case. 

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look on the AI500 page in Facebook it is littered with bad feedback. I'd be surprised if there's another one after the reputation damage

There will be. Some folk loved it, and new players will always sign up.

If they actually listen to feedback and don't bin negative posts from their official page then they may come back from this :)

Edit, hab, check the AI500 green/lsd team page. No affiliation so posts don't get pulled. One was and admin got dumped for that, and true opinions are now being kept :)

Our gas supplier wrote to us recently, saying 'as the last meter reading was the same as one a few months before, we have estimated your bill instead'.

Yep, it's the same as we've used no gas. Not had the heating on, hot water is currently on an immersion heater. I'd be worried if it had changed as it would mean a leak...

'We think you are wrong, so have billed you just in case' has rather annoyed me.

Our water supplier sent us a "final bill" last week. Apparently we moved out last year.

Also, my bike is in for first service. They've given me a beastly 1200cc loan bike, but I'm stuck at work and it's raining, so taking it for a ride isn't gonna happen.

Postie who left the "something for you" card has worse handwriting than me. So it looks like when I reorganised redelivery for today I put the wrong parcel number in so have a feeling my £200 Scopeandlaser order I placed on the 28th August won't be coming in today. :( Apparently my nozzle return spring is out for redelivery though so hopefully they've realised I want the other parcel that's addressed to me and therefore should be in the same place.

Scorch that sounds like fun, buddy's Harley was in for a service and he was lent a 1600cc beast. Funnily enough was raining when he had it too.

Scorch that sounds like fun, buddy's Harley was in for a service and he was lent a 1600cc beast. Funnily enough was raining when he had it too.

Its this one:

bmw-r1200r-2015-3g.jpg

From the quick ride I had to my house to pick up my lunch and then down to work, I can tell it goes like stink. Shame it's gonna be just sat outside my work all day.

Ok. Time for my thoughts... I've recovered from the journey just about!

I'll be honest Shmook has it pretty much nailed to a T. 

For us Vipers there was some sort of command structure and our 1-IC did his best to keep things rolling. Unfortunately it seemed like he wasn't getting enough information himself and so there wasnt much left to give us. I would say that there couldve been a much better use of comms, it was pathetic really, I'd got myself a radio and headset sorted specially and ended up not taking it out at all on Sunday as there was just no need for it. 

There weren't enough marshalls to players for sure. Again most of them spent their time shooting around on quads and not really doing much to help. At one point I had lost my TRMR and went to find a marshal to ask if it had been handed in.. 15 minutes later I finally find a marshall and am told he hasnt been told about one and that there wasn't much he could do - I thankfully found it after retracing my steps with a group of LSD (I was VIPER) players who noticed I was searching for something and gave me a hand, they didn't have to but took the time out of their game time! Over all the people who were there were top blokes and I thoroughly enjoyed the chinwag sessions, everyone wanted to help out and no-one was in it just for themselves. 

With regards to lost kit and the theft, it was rife no questions there. I actually stopped one lad picking up a BFG that wasnt his. When I questioned him he went into denial and muttered about his intentions to hand it in as he put it back where he found it. Unfortunately there wasn't a marshal to be found so I wasn't able to make them aware.. When I did finally find one again they said there wasnt much I could do. 

As for hit taking, Shmook is right. Vipers were *suitcase* at taking their hits. And the marshals were actually quite good at taking note and calling people out. Seemed that due to the frustration of the stale games people just took things into their own hands which wasnt right admittedly. Though I will say that I also found the LSD to be bad at taking their hits too.. though not as bad as I witnessed from some Vipers. It's a massive shame and I am really disappointed to have been involved with those players that made the team look bad and ruined the game for others.. Maybe it was the fact that the spawn points were so far away at times they just were lazy - still no excuse. 

I think there was very little planning involved with this game and what planing there was was poor. When I booked into the event I was keen to play and it was made to seem like we would get a good heavily involved scenario with a lot of open buildings for assaults etc. The fact was that only around 8 buildings were open for play and those that were had few entry points and made it quite boring and pointless to attack them. 

All in all I am very VERY disappointed. I travelled roughly 600 miles there and back and really it was a waste of diesel if anything. Had it not been for the fact I was there with my two best mates who I see 4-5 times a year I would probably have left sooner than I did and been more sour on the event. I know there is talk about people asking for refunds etc but I don't think there is a chance of that..

I think in reality the AI team bit off more than they could chew. Their last events have been on a smaller scale and with maps that were more suited to airsofters and had less restrictions. I know they've done some cracking events in the past and there is obviously a strong following which they must have earned some how. I don't think I've written off AI500 games entirely. I am very disappointed don't get me wrong but it was evident the team were trying - even if just a little - to make the event work with the area they were given. There was a lot of us there and a lot of things that I think they missed in their planning. I'm sure they'll come back from it and learn from the mistakes made here. I'm still keen to try the powerstation.. It must be a smaller site and so they should be able to make it work if they take all the factors into account and make sure they take this event as a very steep learning curve. 

using diesal is kinda *Ubar* ytbh

Not uncommon for people to wear masks in London now. Espicially cyclists.

edit:

was watching some airsoft vids last night. Saw one featuring an accident - a guy had a head injury. Literally everybody on screen was wearing a *fruitcage* helmet camera!!! whhhy

Archived