Florida airsoft laws passed?

El_Hombre

Restricted products

This is from the Cheaperthandirt website - a list of certain places that certain products cannot be shipped. If you look under Airsoft guns, you will see Miami, FL listed as one of the locations where airsoft guns are NOT shipped! The same goes for pellet and air rifles.

I don't want to claim that the sky is falling here, but this looks pretty bad for some of us, not to mention the fact that I had no idea that this was being enacted! Maybe I should watch the news more. :mellow:

So...can anyone lend some hard truth to this?

EDIT: Also, accessories for airsoft guns are banned. That's pretty bad, because once, say, a gearbox cracks, you're done for unless you own a machine shop.

It's not that I was planning on ordering airsoft kit from CTD, rather I noticed that restriction on their page and that was the first place I'd heard of it. I just didn't want to order from Airsplat or WGC and then find that I couldn't have it shipped in.

i could see that happening, i'm pretty sure that maimi has a lot of crime and with some people not speaking english i could see a little cuban kid with a springer getting shot by the police.

Umm, dude, some kid did get shot by the police with a springer in FL... It made national news. :angry:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181581,00.html

Maybe you kids should watch the news... <_<

I got this from the Operation Hammerfall forums, straight from the horses mouth, or a horses mouth

Dear Mr. Pavel,

Thank you for your e-mail concerning SB 1490.

This bill died in committee as did a similar bill SB 2738. I never had an opportunity to vote on either of these bills. I would not likely have supported them. I am a part owner of a gun shop.

Thank you for contacting me. It helps me to know how constituents feel about these issues. Please feel free to contact me anytime I can be of help to you.

Sincerely,

Carey Baker

Senator, District 20

Archived