FN FAL Conversion Kit

IronWolf

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
L1A1's are made in the UK...Enfield Royal Small Arms Factory  :)

yes, under licensefrom FN...

just like,US Army isseud M16s are now beeing build by FN, doesn't make the M16 a Belgian Weapon...

plus it's not an King Arms L1A1 conversion kit, it's a King Arms FAL conversion kit... so nah :P

it looks good though ! wouldn't mind having one :D

just like,US Army isseud M16s are now beeing build by FN, doesn't make the M16 a Belgian Weapon...

plus it's not an King Arms L1A1 conversion kit, it's a King Arms FAL conversion kit...  so nah :P

it looks good though ! wouldn't mind having one  :D

I know it's not a replica of the L1A1...see my other posts. In my opinion, L1A1's are unique to the UK...whatever, they look the same, small details, no one cares. By the way FN A4's are still made in North America (Columbia SC) :)

plus it's not an King Arms L1A1 conversion kit, it's a King Arms FAL conversion kit...  so nah :P

it looks good though ! wouldn't mind having one  :D

Ah but, unlike your M16s there was a fairly big difference between the actual FAL and the L1A1. Unlike the FAL, which was designed an built on the metric system, the L1A1 was built on the imperial system, meaning that most of the rifle was incompatible with the equivilent Belgian model.

But anyway, its not an L1A1, so lets not dwell on that.

Ah but, unlike your M16s there was a fairly big difference between the actual FAL and the L1A1. Unlike the FAL, which was designed an built on the metric system, the L1A1 was built on the imperial system, meaning that most of the rifle was incompatible with the equivilent Belgian model.

But anyway, its not an L1A1, so lets not dwell on that.

really, hmm didn't know that :)

lemongelo, i realise that they are manufactered in the US by FN USA, that was kinda my point :unsure: under license and all...

And thus no real L1A1 parts will be able to be used on the Airsoft FAL! :P

plus it's not an King Arms L1A1 conversion kit, it's a King Arms FAL conversion kit... so nah

Two points:

- It's not an L1A1, granted, but it'll do. Just like the way an m4 is a "diemaco" to me. Lets pretend :P

-It's a British weapon as much as its an aussi and kiwi one. The Fn m249 is an American weapon wouldn't you say? Even though it was made in belgium. And if you want to say that the FN MAG L7A1 Gimpy isn't British, you've got Doc Newstead to deal with...

it was designed , tested and made in belgium ! and the the commonwealth wanted to have their own version and we designed it and they made some more changes and called it an l1 and in the beginning we made the l1 for them and later on they got a licence to make it

Edit : but the commonwealth adopted it earlier the the belgian armed forces

I believe the canadian version was possibly the same (under different designations)

Not sure - but I think the Canadian version was also an imperial-measurement based variation related to the L1A1 but not the same as - plus we also had the heavy-barrelled, light-support version which the Brits didn't.

In fact: "Belgium was not the the first country to adopt their own rifle in 1956. Probably the first one was Canada, adopting their slightly modified version of FAL as C1 in 1955. Canadians set to produce C1 and heavy barreled C2 squad automatic rifles at their own Canadian Arsenal factory. Britain followed the suit and adopted the FAL in 1957 as an L1A1 SLR (Self-loading rifle), often issued with 4X SUIT optical scopes." http://world.guns.ru/assault/as24f-e.htm

:P

Archived