Prime LR300 SRF(DX version)

0nslaught

I find it intresting that the people that own the expensive prime kits hate teh g&g version, but those who own both said that the g&g isn't that bad.

Are you referring to Drake's post? Cuz there's no one else before me. .on this page stating what you say.

"I've owned a fair few armilites (included a Prime Lr300ml) the last being a CA SPC and i can hardly say the Gr300 is the worst ive owned."

He doesn't say he OWNS both. .he says he's OWNED both. .which can be assumed he no longer OWNS the G&G version.

And he never said the G&G version is "not that bad". . so where are you getting your info from?

Guess you missed the post above you? :-p

I think the reason to own a g&g and not a prime is perfectly legimite, the g&g is cheaper, and does have decent internals on the whole. Sure its not a good a gun, but its not as bad as people make out.

If I put stock Marui M4 internals into a Prime kit. . I'd STILL have a more reliable and more realistic LR300 than the G&G.

Actully i currently own the G&G version and have prevously owned the Prime which i no longer have.

I've yet to have any serious problems in my GR beside replaceing the hop and its been used more than any of my other guns.

While i can say the prime quality is above that of G&G (and i do miss my LR) i do not regret buying the Gr300 for the price i payed and its my current favorate aeg.

If I put stock Marui M4 internals into a Prime kit. . I'd STILL have a more reliable  and more realistic LR300 than the G&G.

But it would also be more expensive, and the internals in my brothers g&g lr300 are supiriour to those in my old TM M16. Theres no need to go on the defensive, I'm not saying the Prime gun is bad, I'm saying that the g&g isn't bad either, if you want to spend the money on prime, thats fine, but act semi decently when people buy a cheaper gun then yours, some people arn't as die hard lr300 fans as you are, and really couldn't care what Al Zitta thinks about thier toy.

I was going to buy the LR300 from RedWolf. Something that you need to know though... I'm not sure how they deal with the trades when exporting to the UK, but they told me that they would have to cover up the trademarks permanently if they sent the LR300 to me here in the USA. And when they say covering up the trademarks... it really is a permanent process. I bought a Glock from them and they took a thin piece of black plastic, roughly cut it into a square and SUPER GLUED it on top of the trades. I had to buy a new slide from DENTrinity. Redwolf does this to all their airsofts now because they've been targeted by US Customs who are keeping a close eye specifically on them within the last two years.

I pointed out to RedWolf that Prime Airsoft, the makers of the kit, has a legal license with ZM Weapons (the real steel manufacturer) to produce replica Airsoft kits of the LR300 with all the Trademarks intact. They said that they believed US Customs would not except/believe this and would seize the kit/AEG. Therefore, not covering up the trades was not an option with them.

So, if you really want the LR300, I'd avoid buying it from RedWolf. Most of the other airsoft companies exporting from Hong Kong do not make cover up the trades permanently.

-Alex

If the Prime makes the G&G seem like an LPEG then it must be pretty damn good, 'cos there is no way on earth the G&G is comparable to an LPEG (in my experience). I'm still not clear on how it's better (in terms of performance rather than feel or looks), though I get the impression it's more reliable (though mine works just fine). Clearly I don't have your standards, as all I want is a gun that feels good (to me) and works in a skirmish (which mine does, touch wood). Trades? Don't need 'em. Being an exact replica of the reelsteel? Not interested.

When I pull the trigger in full auto, BB's come out at a decent velocity, rate and range. When I select semi-auto, they do the same one at a time. The gun feels and looks like a quality piece of kit to me and does exactly what I want it to do. The castings seem fine on my gun, and the paint finish too (although another example in the store was rough as a badger's backside). It certainly feels better quality than my CA M15. Perhaps I got lucky. :) If the Prime is better than this (and at that price it would need to be) then great.

Each to their own of course. If your standards are higher than mine, then perhaps the Prime is for you.

uscmCorps: You do know you can easily weaken and remove super glue with acetone or plain ol' fingernail polish removal? No need to tear stuff off like you're Chewbacca or a Klingon. ;)

It's a fact that the US Customs don't care if a product is licenced. In fact WA (for example) have the license from Para Ordnance, Beretta and lots of other companies to use their trades - in Japan. PO even supplies WA with actual grip plates to make their replicas more realistic. This license however, is completely null outside of Japan. It has no weight in the US, which means all trademarks regardless of licenses have to be covered.

Sometimes the customs just seize stuff even if the orange tip is permanently affixed and all the trades removed or covered. They just do that like in an Orwellian nightmare. I have personal experience of customs officers making up their own rules. It's not fun but it's real life and hardly the fault of any retailer in HK.

Archived