-High Performance Motor

-Affixed Metal Handle

-Metal Hop-Up Chamber

-Hi-Cap Magazine (190 Rds)

-Easy Disassembly Metal Body

-7mm Oily Steel Bushing Gear Box

-Real Gun Logo With Serial Number

Hauk

Apparently there's alot of inaccuracy in this and the XM.

To be honest, I don't know what they are and I'm not going to work it out (I've got the G&P bits on the way to me), but i'd imagine they're enough to put 'Nam enthusiasts off.

Nasty white trades aswell.

Still, it's about bloody time.

To be honest, I don't know what they are and I'm not going to work it out (I've got the G&P bits on the way to me), but i'd imagine they're enough to put 'Nam enthusiasts off.

That´s it...after spending 1000 to 1500 $ for vietnam gear and uniform you will hardly save 50 bucks and by this ######....oh wait...and CA suckz :P After I´ve seen AGM and A&K AEGs I can´t understand what´s so difficult in building good (excellent) copies.

For some reason, every thinks this and the TM M16VN are inaccurate but in truth they are exactly the same as the guns Marines used in Vietnam from 1968-69. Its an early M16A1 with forward-assist and three-prong flash-hider. Nothing's wrong with this gun. Believe me, I know alot about Vietnam ear guns. Just wanted to point this out. No offense. mates. ;D

I will second what you said ARVN, sometimes the nitpicking goes a little too for and I am totally unconvinced that many of the people on these forums know enough about real steel weapons (especially ones like this, which is basically a rare antique) to be an authority. The trades may be innacurate but who the hell cares as these are after all, at the end of the day, just toys.

I mean the bottom lines is it IS pretty accurate, from the way people gripe you would think that CA were turning out some crude approximation of the real weapon and that is simply not the case :nosleep:

Also, it is not that out of place to have Armalite's name on this weapon as the designation AR originally stood for Armalite Rifle and this is the company Eugene Stoner worked with in the M16's original development, so if any companies logo should be on the weapon from this era, it should be Armalite's. :D

For some reason, every thinks this and the TM M16VN are inaccurate but in truth they are exactly the same as the guns Marines used in Vietnam from 1968-69.  Its an early M16A1 with forward-assist and three-prong flash-hider.  Nothing's wrong with this gun.  Believe me, I know alot about Vietnam ear guns. Just wanted to point this out.  No offense. mates.   ;D

I don't think that is what the disagreement is about :unsure:

I believe it's focused on the Armalite trademarks, so if someone can produce a photo or record of an M16 sporting those trademarks in use by US forces, I think we could wrap this whole thing up.

Here is a great resource page for all things M16-

...I can't wait for the "Forward pistol grips were used in the 'Nam??" comments :P

Believe me, no one would be more ready to grab one of the CA's to use in their 'Nam loadout than me- but since what I and many others do is try to be as 'historically' and visually accurate as possible to attempt to re-live that period, I suppose white, Armalite trademarks are indeed off-putting to us.

Slainte!

-G

So no one read my post above then?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...=barrel+section

Add to the list:

Still using Allen bolts to retain the receiver pins

Stock swivel

XM barrel definitely too fat. Should be thinner than the thinnest part of flash hider.

M16 barrel, again, is too fat under the foresight. Should be slimmer but not as slim as the main part of the barrel.

Secondary:

Shouldn't have the molded guard around the mag button or forward assist if an M16.

Very few M16A1's, mostly early, had the three prong flash hider.

You could therefore consider CA's attempt as a transitional model.

Info:

The CA M16A1 flash hider is actually 2nd gen. The first three prong flash hider had prongs which were parallel with an outer diameter approximately the same as the tapered end of the 2nd gen.

Birdcage flash hiders came in during 1967 when the M16A1 was finalised .

Now you either give a monkeys or you don't about realism, so take the above as educational info.

Secondary:

Very few M16A1's, mostly early, had the three prong flash hider.

You could therefore consider CA's attempt as a transitional model. Many rifles were recycled and put back together with completely different lowers. It was easy to see the tulip flash hider on a much later lower receiver

Info:

The CA M16A1 flash hider is actually 2nd gen. The first three prong flash hider had prongs which were parallel with an outer diameter approximately the same as the tapered end of the 2nd gen. that'd be the "duckbill" flash hider

as above, knowing that the WGC custom with G&P externals is just a fraction more expensive, anybody would be stupid to ignore it over this CA one. on the other hand, a player with the level of 'namness' i have - basic camo and webbing and guns - would probably be extatic to pick up a CAm15vn second hand or on the cheap or soemthing.

For UK softers, I'd agree with you S_W, but in the US at least, WGC will botch the trademarks up anyway before shipping it over- plus, again, you have to remember that Spartan Imports currently have Classic army stuff so competitively priced that it makes no sense to buy from HK over a US retailer- its actually CHEAPER to buy in the US than to have a CA shipped over and risk customs charges.

OK I'm no expert when it comes to the historical accuracy of this model, however, I did get the opportunity to lay my hands on the actual gun today and frankly I was highly impressed. I didn't get the opportunity to fire it, but the fit and finish was excellent and for the price here in the states, if I was in the market for another M16 varient I'd say it's well worth the cash...

OK I'm no expert when it comes to the historical accuracy of this model, however, I did get the opportunity to lay my hands on the actual gun today and frankly I was highly impressed. I didn't get the opportunity to fire it, but the fit and finish was excellent and for the price here in the states, if I was in the market for another M16 varient I'd say it's well worth the cash...

Archived