HWS 1860 Colt New Model Army Released

skyler8158

These have been out for a while, but none of the retailers ever pick up HWS products. They are usually only available in Japan, which sucks because HWS is a great company.

I'm pretty sure their airsoft guns use Tanaka internals, going by all their collaborations with Tanaka (like the FDC models).

Yep, it uses the Tanaka Pegasus system under licence, but I've never heard of any other HWS 6mm firer - I though all their other stuff was PFC?

SilentScope - Do you have any links to other airsoft products from HWS?

ChrisNorthInGer - Yeah, right about that hammer- It could do with a rail, too ;)

Cheers.

Snowman, it looks like there are two more listed on Dens website:

HWS M2019 Chiefs Special Blaster

Not too sure about this one

Thanks - I had seen the blaster before, now I see it, but not the other.

A Colt Navy would be great.

Cheers.

SilentScope - Do you have any links to other airsoft products from HWS?

Why yes I do Snowman! Prepare to cry your guts out (unless you plan on taking any trips to Japan in the near future)

http://www.hartford.co.jp/

Some are PFC guns, some are airsoft.

Their guns are all over Yahoo Auctions Japan as well. Such a shame :(

Just saw this thread.

The HWS is the 1863 iteration of the famous Remington 1858 pattern New Model Army revolver. Known to Civil War enthusiasts as the "1858 Remington" or even just "The Remington". It was adopted by the Union army officially in 1863 but was not an uncommon private purchase sidearm before that. It was a cap and ball pistol obviously - and a good one at that. A lot of Union cavalrymen preferred it to the Colts, the M1850 Navy or the M1860 Army, it was said to be far more rugged. A lot of them were converted to fire cartridges in the 70's and 80's. Actually if I remember rightly Clint Eastwood uses one in Pale Rider.

I should be receiving mine from dentrinity on wednesday. I will post some info once I have it if anyones interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived