The first International IZSC (Internet Zombie Shooting Competition) is NOW OPEN!
From now until MIDNIGHT ON HALLOWEEN (Oct 31), if you have an Airsoft pistol and a computer and a printer, you can participate! You play by printing out some targets, shooting them at a specific range, and posting your results!
Time required: about 10-15 minutes
Alone, cornered, and armed only with a pistol you are facing an oncoming wave of zombies!
You must kill them as quickly as possible so you can escape before MORE arrive! You will engage zombies at 100m, 75m, 50m, and 25m on specially-scaled targets. Your objective? Kill all zombies as quickly as possible to escape. Shoot too poorly, and you will die.
This game is intended to be shot with a pistol. You may use a rifle if you must and take a -50 point penalty (see end of post for scoring.)
You will shoot at specially-scaled targets which are mounted at a range of 2.5m (8 feet) away. They are sized to simulate targets appearing at various ranges.
There are (up to) 4 stages: 100m, 75m, 50m, and 25m.
For every zombie NOT KILLED on a stage, you face TWO zombies on the next stage. (The commotion and noise attracts more zombies.)
You win if at any time you have killed all zombies facing you. What do you win? Attention on the Internet!
How to Play
Link to a web-based 20 second countdown if you don't have a kitchen timer or something.
- Begin by printing out the first stage (5 zombies at 100m). Hang it up 2.5m away from you.
- You have 10 rounds and 20 seconds (this is true for every stage). Shoot until out of ammo, or time is up.
- Check your hits. If the BB hole touches ANY part of the zombie's head - even just the edge - that's a hit. (We're counting whole-head hits, not just the brain.)
- For EACH zombie not killed in the stage, you will put up TWO zombies on the next stage (the next closer range.)
- Continue in this fashion with 10 shots and 20 seconds per stage until one of the following occurs:
- You have at any point killed all zombies facing you (you win!)
- At any point, you are facing more than 20 zombies (you are overwhelmed)
- Any zombies remain after shooting at 25m (you are overrun)
How to Post Your Results
Post your results in the following format:
Stage 1 (100m) Zombies Faced/Killed
Stage 2 (75m) Zombies Faced/Killed
Stage 3 (50m) Zombies Faced/Killed
Stage 4 (25m) Zombies Faced/Killed
Did you ESCAPE or were you KILLED?
Post a digital Image of the last Stage you shot at.
FINAL SCORE: ____
How to calculate score: 100 - (unhit in stage 1) - (unhit in stage 2) - (unhit in stage 3) - (unhit in stage 4)
Add +1 bonus point if you post images of ALL your targets.
Add +1 bonus point if you post a picture of the gun you used.
Add +1 bonus point if you accompany your post with an MS Paint self-portrait of you fighting the zombies.
-50 Points for using a Rifle. (Added Oct 20)
Edited by Sine Wave, 24 October 2008 - 08:32 PM.