Ares Gun Rack

hymer

If you can use a hammer for more than a minute without sawing your own hands off, you can make a gun rack. It's more or less impossible to mess up.

I'd rather spend the £0.00 on bits of wood in my garage than shell out stupid money for something like this.

Am I the only one (apart from CKinnerley) who thinks this is an utter waste of money?

Seriously, I'd be willing to bet good money that it'll be cheaper to go down to your local hardware store and buy enough tools and materials to make TWENTY of these.

As long as bottled water is profiting, all arguments consisting of "I could do this myself for less money" are invalid. Convenience is the cornerstone of the Western world.

Plus, that rack looks kinda cool with those STANAG adapters. At the very least, it looks cooler than the rack I made, which can only hold two guns and is no longer as useful since the top one only has clearance for a shotgun, which I no longer have. Wood, sadly, is neither adjustable nor reconfigurable.

As long as bottled water is profiting, all arguments consisting of "I could do this myself for less money" are invalid. Convenience is the cornerstone of the Western world.

Nicely Put.

Took me a couple hours and about $90 in materials to put together my new work bench. When I went to lowes to buy storage bins for it, I saw almost the EXACT bench i just built for $119. Painted glossy black and came with storage bins too. Boy was I ######...

Point is I would've rather paid the $30 more to have a nicer looking bench...

Nope, not the only one, having built a weapons rack for swords in the past, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take me long to design something a little more basic for home use. Although I store them in their cases stacked neatly, stops them getting dusty like the racks ;)

It's just shiney and the kit magpies like myself like shiney things...

Eh, depends on the cost... If its in the realm of $200+ USD, plus hugeass shipping, You could probably either a) get one of those nice metal fireproof green gun cabinets ofr a bit more, preventing theft also, which is pretty cool. Or you could easily make something like this with some PVC, wood, sheet aluminum and old non functioning mags......

But personally, I'd not want to use the mag holder thingies, because cool as they are, I don't want all the stress of a gun handing ont he wall on the hop-up and mag catch, as sometimes mags don't seat that well as it it... I'd ratyher use a barrel and trigger clamp of sorts and somethign to hold int he butt... Now that would be nice.....

I'm agreeing with MDK Marshal, its cheaper to build your own and it makes a nice little project to do (between all of the random gun projects!)

You could even build some drawers at the bottom to store all the different kinds of mags....(runs off to find a pen and a ruler)

Wings :detective2:

Not entirely sure where you were going with that, and while I understand the comparison I don't think bottled water really relates to convenience in countries with taps in every home anyway. I'm not arguing it's a waste of time the product in question being produced if that's the impression you got mate, because as you say, people want convenience and they will happily pay for it. I just think they'd be wasting their money somewhat if they did.

That's pretty much what I was saying. Sure anyone could make a nice rack of their own for much cheaper, but a lot of people would just rather buy one and not have to bother with making one, bottled water being an extreme example of that phenomenon. I can't think of any reason anyone would want bottled water except convenience, unless they maybe don't like the taste of their hometown's water.

Heh, I love saying "nice rack" in ordinary conversations.

Ever wondered what your tap water is made from? It is either from purified waste water. Yes, your ... + a hell of a lot chemical stuff (cleaning detergents, disheswashing stuff...). Or from medium deep wells where applicable with added treatment and chloride. Plus add the stuff that is dissolving from the old pipe systems and you got something you don't really want to drink unboiled. The water safety standards are there to make sure you you don't get utterly sick each time you drink tap.

Most bottled water, on the other hand, come from very deep wells (except some cheap brand). The great depth means those water bases have not been contaminated by moderns toxic stuff. So bottled water is not entirely the same as your tap water.

On topic: I've recently installed a shelf system that can hold 20 long guns and all of their accesories. Only used off the shelf materials and it costed me a whooping 80$.

You obviously haven't watched Penn & Teller: ######

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc

Personally I'm with the people who would make their own gun rack.

Edit: To clarify, the sensored word is the name of the show, it sort of looks like I'm calling you some vulgar name. This is not the case.

Not comfortable about hanging a gun by its magwell for prolonged storage. What if you stick a bullpup on it?

That and you store guns muzzle down so all the ###### from cleaning your gun doesnt run into your plastic and wood stocks and ruin them (either by splitting out or chemical degredation of plastics).

Interesting about the Bottled Water! In the US, the tap water system is incredibly safe. How do I know? Because I've been drinking tap water for life, and I'm no more messed up then the next US Citizen. It may be different in Europe (I thought Germany's tap water tasted fine, despite the many funny looks from our foreign exchange student at his home south of Hamburg), but I think most if it is the taboo left over from when the water system used to not be as healthy as boiling your water. If you are worried about contaminants (which I'm sure alot of people are) then by all means, continue to drink your water boiled, purified, what have you ^_^

Ever wondered what your tap water is made from? It is either from purified waste water. Yes, your ... + a hell of a lot chemical stuff (cleaning detergents, disheswashing stuff...). Or from medium deep wells where applicable with added treatment and chloride. Plus add the stuff that is dissolving from the old pipe systems and you got something you don't really want to drink unboiled. The water safety standards are there to make sure you you don't get utterly sick each time you drink tap.

Not entirely sure what happens with your water.., but at least here in Canada (Vancouver specifically) our waste water is cleaned and dumped into the ocean. The water into our homes comes from lake sized resevoirs in the mountains. So our water isn't from waste water at all, unless you consider evaporated, then rain water to be 'waste' water :P And with the amount of water that flows through all the pipes in the system, the pipes don't break down fast enough for anything harmful to get to you.

Mind you, I agree with the convenience. If I could build a gun rack to fit everything I own perfectly, I would. Although I'm much to lazy to do it, so I'll take the generic 'fits all' racks.

Archived