Archive for March, 2006
As you may have seen if you’re a regular reader I have been around less and less. I thought I’d add a quick post to say that I’m now formally taking a back seat with regards to the direct running and administration of the website. I could list the reasons for these changes but I don’t post my own personal info online… well you get the gist. One simple reason is I don’t have the time and it is thus time for a few changes to keep the site going in the manner that it should.
With regards the forums and review sections, there’s a team of moderators and staff that are very adept at keeping things running smoothly, who have been doing so without my assistance for some time now. A huge thank you should go to them for their efforts to date and in the future.
I believe that given the present circumstances and the needs of the site that the best course of action is to open editorial news control to that of a trusted few; R22Master is the first of these new editors. R22Master isn’t me, so the news will obviously read differently as someone else will be creating the text.
Email and site contact systems are being rerouted so that they can be managed by staff members who are willing to help in that area.
I’ll provide technical and general advice to staff members when it’s occasionally needed but because of my own commitments elsewhere (as I’ve said) it’s not practical for me to have any form of active administration role.
Well it’s been a fun old week. My car exploded causing tailbacks that
made the local traffic reports on the radio, my ears got insulted by a medical
professional, and Arnie gave me access to the Arnie’s Airsoft News System – So
the News is BACK!!!
As such, expect a regular flurry of news posts here soon, giving you the
latest low-down on what’s hot and what’s not in the world of Airsoft.
Sorry I don’t have much to report at this point, but Watch This Space!
Well I’ve not been around much of late as you might have spotted or guessed, but sadly that’s unavoidable at the moment. There have been a couple of mild incidents in the forums but those have been dealt with by the moderating team in my abscence. To help cater more for the forums themselves I’m raising R22Master’s level to that of administrator in the forums.
In other news, as I don’t have the time right now to add images I’ll just rattle through as much stuff as I can. You’ll have to forgive me as I’m going to quickly trawl through my inbox to get as much stuff as I can online before I have to head back to work:
- James Tai (of MondaInt) has added a heap of shots online from the Taiwan Militaria Show 2006, which you can see here.
- Over at MondaInt you’ll also see shots of all their new products that are on the way
- For those that didn’t see it FarEast posted a review of the TM MP7 in the forums for all to read.
- Dom continues to add interesting bits of Airsoft related blog content to his pages here.
- AEX are now distributing AirsoftGuide DVDs in the USA
AEX is proud to be the Official US Distributor of Airsoft Guide DVD’s. This DVD is packed with helpful information for all levels of experience. If you ever wanted to know how to fix or upgrade your own AEG’s or wonder how to solve simple problems, this DVD covers almost all areas. Also, you can check out the Airsoft Abuse section with some unbelievable things they do to airsoft guns! Mickey, (AirsoftExtreme)
- UNCompany are now promoting various pistol products. Customers who buy a pistol will apparently get a new free BB loader.
They have also updated with quite a few new products. Included in this are the: Star L85 AFV, Classic Army M15 Special Forces Crane Stock, GP T6 Flash light, King Arms Troy M4 Flash hider and the AN/PEQII battery case.
- News in from RedWolf Airsoft is that they have precision barrels for the MP7 in stock already:
Following the official release of Marui MP7A1 AEG last month, a number of manufacturers have started vast R&D investments on the related accessories. PDI is the very first to launch the following MP7A1 essential performance upgrade parts: A brand new 6.01mm and 6.05mm precision barrel dedicated to the new weapon. Wanna increase the performance of your MP7A1? Here is your chance. (RedWolf Airsoft)
- Steve sent in an email to say that he’s set up a new Airsoft site by the name of Front Line Airsoft (www.frontlineairsoft.co.uk) just outside the Newcastle area in the North East. A few days back the FindIt! map here conked out with an error, but I’ve fixed that while I could last night, and you’ll now see that you can see all relevant sites on the map again. Front Line Airsoft are now listed on there too.
- The next issue of Airsoft International is shortly going out. The next issue of AI is includes
reviews of the Stars L85 and the UTG’s War Hawk, an "essential guide to boots", review of the
AWS CQB Vest, a "CWS report", and a
first look at Ghost Recon II (you can see the new cover here).
- In more magazine news the next issue of NAM magazine should be on the news stands on the 15th of this month assuming all goes well.
There’s more to add but I’ll see what I can about adding more in depth news later this week.