Archive for April, 2008
Aegarms.com have mailed in a quick new update from their shelves:
Hello, how are you? We would like to submit the following news:
Aegarms New Items!
Aegarms Flashlight With Laser (A)
Aegarms Flashlight With Laser (A) x 3 (Special Package)
Thanks and Regards, Aegarms.com
TSD have a new line of batteries coming:
TSD would like to announce to the airsoft community that we will have New Intellect 1600mAh Batteries available in May. These should be available in retail stores by mid to late May for retail sales.
TSD is currently taking pre-orders for the 1600mAh Intellect batteries.
TSD Staffs www.AirsoftSD.com
The May 2008 issue of Popular Airsoft Magazine is now released and another reason for an enjoyable download. This issue is about Close Quarters Combat (CQC) and we’ve got loads of articles for you to read! It’s worth the money downloading this issue as it is a much-anticipated one.
Our writers have gone beyond the call of duty this time, and have been very prolific at writing stories and making reviews. We’ve covered some basics on CQC, and went to Elektrowerkz, the centre for hardcore CQC airsofters in London.
What’s more, we present to you two face-offs in the budget AEG area, the M4 CQB-Rs from JG, DBoys, and A&K, plus the MP7s from Well and Galaxy. Going further in our CQC issue, we interviewed two great CQC teams: the FCS Delta-Alpha (Team Dark Angels), and the SWAT Airsofters Philippines. We also have two DIY articles covering tactical lighting and building Patriot M4s. Plus, stuff from Echo1 USA and Madbull Airsoft were reviewed. And before we forget, we’ve got two grenades featured in this issue, stuff you can’t do without when playing in CQC sites and the airsoft events that happened in the US and the Philippines.
Full magazine contents below:
- From the Writers – We just went into overdrive
- Meet the Operators – The guys everybody would love to cuddle…not!
- Grunt Mail – What the grunts have to say about the magazine
- Now for Some News – Which one for your armoury?
- IWA 2008 Outdoor Classic – Slickaxe and buddy just went to Germany
- Book Review: Paintball and Airsoft Battle Tactics – Milsim fanatic? This one’s
- Into The Box Part 1 – Let’s read Mike’s Story
- Echo1 M4 Multicam Accessories – Guccicammers, here’s your stuff
- MadBull JP Rifles 9.8″ Front-end Kit – This is a kit you would want
- Throat Mic Review – Nope, it’s not a noose to hang yourself with
- Madbull Chrono – They find it very cute
- Krukspec Megaspeedball Challenge – An even better one by late 2008
- Operation Red Star – Full scale operations by US and Philippine Special Forces
- COVER STORY: Welcome to The `Werkz – You’ll get hammered here
- The Werkzperience – And he got addicted to it
- FCS Delta-Alpha (Team DarkAngels): UK’s Premier CQC Airsoft Unit – Fine
- To know is to Dominate – Tactics you would swear by
- Who’s Next? Practice! Practice! Practice! – You better listen to this guy
- Basic SWAT Loadout – Wearing black is not the only thing to it
- Philippine Airsoft SWAT: Dressed to kill – Reccesix and his team
- Budget M4 CQB-R Face Off: Jing Gong, DBoys, A&K – Eeny, meeny, miny, moe…
- Budget MAEG Face Off: Well vs Galaxy MP7 – Cute little buggers aren’t they?
- AEG Review: King Arms TROY A3 CQB Compact AEG – Another hit from King Arms
- AEP Reviews: DE M81 and CYMA Glock 18c – What gas? Go Batteries!
- Grenade reviews: ZOXNA BB and NLTM Thumper Grenades – Fire in the hole!
- Let There Be Light! A pocket-saver illumination loadout for CQB – And then
there was light…duck!
- Building Your Patriot M4: PDI Patriot 1 STD, Patriot 2 SLIT, and Patriot 4 STD – Japanese build quality surely these things are
- Best Airsoft Photos 2008: A Call for Submissions – Calling all photographers!
Two months left!
- So you want to be an Operator? – We’ll breathe down your neck
Enjoy! Editor, (Popular Airsoft Magazine)
Steve at Bamako Bampots rings news of their charity event and how you can help them:
As you can see from our registered Charity website we need to raise a minimum of 30k to provide the people of Mali with their first ambulances. We plan to head off over the Sahara in Jan09 and to help us accommplish the fundraising we have come up with a very special prize.
If you visit www.wearthefoxhat.org.uk you will see that we are raffling of a Piper M134a ver2 Minigun with Predator backpack. The raffle tickets are limited to 4000 and the draw will take place 1 month after all the tickets are sold.
Tickets will be on sale soon and those that have signed up to our low volume mailing list will get 1 weeks advanced access to the tickets before they go online to the rest of the airsoft community along with notification of the other raffles like the Centenary Edition Harley Davidson Roadking Classic.
ALL PROCEEDS go to the Bamako Bampots Charity and tickets are only £5 ukp.
Please help us in our fundraising events
Bamako Bampots Registered Charity No 1123419
Raise funds for us when you shop online or search online with the links below
When you search with easysearch, you’ll raise around 1p for us with every search you make! Make just 10 searches a day and you could raise £25 a year – or more – for us.
Please set our unique easysearch page – bamakobampots.easysearch.org.uk – as your homepage and use it every time you search the Web.
News from Tony about Close Action:
Close Action is moving back to its original site in Fineshade wood from Sunday 11th May. The wood is a 100 acre mixed woodland site with brand new bunkers and layout.The site has easily accessible all weather parking and players will be able to use the Forest cafe not far away. Of course we will continue to provide hot drinks free of charge.
For further details see our website www.close-action.co.uk. Close Action is now going from strength to strength with a large following and walk on is still only £15.
Many thanks, Tony (www.close-action.co.uk)
This latest episode is 99… making the next one the big 100. We have a few special bits/segments planned that should make 100 a memorable event. As for this week’s show, we took a look at the recent growth of airsoft and since event season is right around the corner, we gave out a few campground etiquette tips.
For those interested, the show is now available for download via iTunes (search for “opsec” in the Music Store: Link) or via direct download at the below link:
*April 24th Program*
- National Airsoft Events
- New Items of Interest
- OPSEC Airsoft Station News
- Main Topic: Positive Airsoft Growth
- F.U. Line Calls
- Sub Topic: Campsite Etiquette
- Shameless Plugs
*Right Click to Download*
Show Notes: Link
Cheers, Radar (OPSEC Airsoft Radio)
Explorer – Rechargeable LED 130 lumen – Unbelievable Value and Spec…
Explorer – Precision machined aluminium case, durable hard anodised finish, weatherproof and shock resistant, adjustable focus spot to flood, O-ring sealed for dust and moisture protection, shatterproof polycarbonate lens, tail cap switch, crenulated front end.
The Explorer is one of the most powerful rechargeable LED flashlights available, using the latest technology Cree® Xlamps® XR-E LED. With this high performance LED and its precision lens and reflector, it produces an amazing powerful beam, operating for approx 2.5 hours per charge.
Mains charger and battery included. £34.99 more info
New Leatherman Charge ALX Take the Leatherman Charge AL and replace the scissors with an aggressive cutting hook on the back of the serrated blade and you’ve got the Leatherman Charge® ALX. *Serrated Knife *Needlenose Pliers *Regular Pliers * Wire Cutters *Hard-Wire Cutters *154CM Clip-Point Knife *Saw *Wood/Metal File *Diamond Coated File *Small Bit Driver *Bottle/Can Opener *Wire Stripper *Removable Pocket Clip *Crimper *Cutting Hook *Two Large Bit Drivers *Fixed Lanyard Ring *Hard Anodized Aluminium Handles *Quick-Release Lanyard Ring *9 Double-End Bits £109.99 more info
Surefire G3 LED Compact (palm sized), high-intensity LED flashlight with an ergonomic holster specially designed for quick deployment of the flashlight. The Holster carries spare batteries and is adjustable on the belt. The holster accommodates any SureFire flashlight with a 1.25" aluminium bezel.
- CA RPK-7
- CA CA53 A2
- CA M14 Match (walnut)
- CA M14 Match (OD)
- Sportline BT5A3 Wide Forearm
As usual more details can be found about their releases at the following contact details:
Benny Mora at TactSquad sent in an email to introduce themselves. This will mainly of interest to people looking to stock their products:
Tact Squad Uniforms is one of the most sought after labels for Public Saftey and Security uniforms in the industry at a fraction of the cost of the competition.
Tact Squad provides the best value in uniforms for:
· Fire Fighting
· All Public Safety
· Low distributor pricing
· Superior customer support
· Territory protection
· Above all, the highest quality products
At Tact Squad, we got you covered!
Visit us on the web: http://www.tactsquad.com
Visit our online catalog: PDF CATALOG
If you are interested in becoming a distributor for this product and would like more information and distributor pricing, please contact us today. I look forward to your favorable reply.
Simon has sent in news from ECHO1USA that their Stag Arms rifles are now available:
Finally, the Stag Arms final edition AEG available in USA.
Comes with Stag Arms color box (which designed by S.L.), authentic black receivers, metal gearbox and metal bushings.
Of course, completed warranty service through ECHO1USA.
Stag Arms Trademark is licensed via ISGK.org / Stag Arms. More details: www.echo1usa.com
[Europe/ Asia distributors wanted: Contact email@example.com]
Best Regards, ECHO1USA