The "Masterkey" is Completed

Shark413

I had an earlier post where I had a mock-up of a "masterkey" conversion I was working on. The mock-up consisted of 2 springers I put together to see how everything would fit and what it looked like. I received my CA M15A4 and proceeded to attach a Maruzen 870 pump to the M15A4. A small gas tank from a cheap NGB was used as a new gas tank that fits in the handguard.

I made some heavy duty brackets that attach the body of the shottie to the forward takedown pin. The bracket is attached via 4 allen bolts that I threaded into the 870's body. Also, there is a 8" strap in the handguard that is attached to the 870 with 2 #10 stainless steel machine screws. Two holes were drilled/tapped into the top of the shottie. It is rock solid as is, but I also have a bracket that attaches the shottie and M15A4 barrels together. I removed it because I didn't like how it looked.

It is truely a beast weighing in at 10 lbs and the small gas tank is only good for about 10 shots, but it packs a big punch and is something unique. I have attached a few pictures, check it out.

Here's my new M15A4

95746.jpg

Here is the mock-up and the final parts

95747.jpg

Here is a close up of the rear bracket

95750.jpg

Here are main parts

95751.jpg

here is the gas tank and handguard reinforcement strap

95752.jpg

Air line routing, thru the handguard looped inside

95753.jpg

finished gun

95748.jpg

Seen it on socal, but I gotta say again, that gun kicks so much *albatross*. I just might make my own like it at some point....

What is the mount made of, anyway, is it metal or plastic, and is it machined?

Yet another question, do you think it'd be possible to install a larger gas tank? Maybe put two of them in parallel? That would improve practicality...

very very nice. Its always nice to see a custom mod. Ive alwaysed like the master key idea however, being a smaller guy, ive always thought them to big. If i were to set up a master key it would be super short. Maybe one of those 4 inche barrel AOW shortened shotguns systems under an m4 or perhaps a 733 lol

Good job

The brackets are made out of 1/8 thick aluminum strap. They were formed by rough cutting it to shape with a power hacksaw then hand filing. The hard part was drilling and tapping the holes in the shottie. The original gas tank I used was small and fit nicely in the handgaurd, but it did not supply enough gas so I have since modified it and attached a external Co2 system.

Seen it on socal, but I gotta say again, that gun kicks so much *albatross*. I just might make my own like it at some point....

What is the mount made of, anyway, is it metal or plastic, and is it machined?

Yet another question, do you think it'd be possible to install a larger gas tank? Maybe put two of them in parallel? That would improve practicality...

VEry Very Nice!!!! That is a design that quite a few people have tried and failed. I saw one guy at a field with a $10 pump shottie duct taped to the bottom of an MP5 lol. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But this is nice. Excellent craftsmanship on the bracket and gas tank and well everything.

Keep it up! :)

-EnZo-

i quite like the look of the shorter M870's on the M16. I'm waiting for someone to do a version like the one below, as it would make a change having a handle to help pump the round.

masterkeyshottie.jpg

Note: This is just a mockup to demonstrate the layout mentioned.

• 1 month later...

superb, nice one mate- this is exactly the project I was about to put up on these boards!

now, a couple of questions- the gas tank: is this the removable tank from a pistol grip version 870, or from the fullstock version? I ask because I only ever find the fullstock version available everytime I do a search, and want to know if you'd sussed a way of getting the gas tank off this version?

the bracket: with the screws in the handguard holding the shogun to the foregrip, is the bracket necessary, or is it more of a "belt and braces" approach? I ask because my talents in the metalwork department are about as impressive as Accrington Stanley's first 11 :( I was hoping to rig it so the arrel/foregrip would take most of the weight- how likely do you think this to be?

thanks for your help, and once more, well done that man!

Archived