AirsoftSearch v1.4.1

visionviper

Lookin Good. What are you using to write this in??

Just curious.

Would it be possible to have a way to add a few of your own favorite sites to the list or do you have to specifically figues out the search of each site indiviually??

Keep up the good work man. :)

------ EDIT -------

Gonna post this on our site. :)

Would it be possible to have a way to add a few of your own favorite sites to the list or do you have to specifically figues out the search of each site indiviually??

Each site has its own unique way of searching, so it has to be coded into the application.

Gonna post this on our site.

Thanks. It is always nice to see people spreading the word!

Nice little app.

May I suggest making a Firefox extension for this or perhaps adding it to Firefox's search engine list? Multiple tabs and all that jazz while avoiding IE. Adding a "Search" button or making the -ENTER- key functional would be helpful. Its a bit tedious to have to go to the drop down menu every time a new search is performed. Adding a search history could be beneficial too as would the ability to resize the window.

Keep up the good work!

I would also suggest to create a config file where the constantly changing parameters like name of the target in the search form can be edited. That way, you would't have to hard-code things like that into it and expand upon that idea. Maybe an automatic config-file updater?

But very very nice app though, thumbs up and hats off! B)

Also, some people might be intrigued by running an executable which they don't have the source code for. Furthermore Linux support seems quite limited due to coding it in a Microsoft-proprietary language. Will try to run it on an emulator though and provide feedback.

But come to think of it - the code behind it, ported to another language, would make for one killer web application, more than good enough for a unique-selling point for starting your very own airsoft meta-search site. Dude, just think about it...

If you're not experienced in web-coding, I'll try to help as well as this is what I do for a living for quite some time now. :)

Have been playing around with your little tool for quite some time now...

Looks nice, but there are several improvements that shouldn't be too hard to integrate into the product.

1.) Being able to resize the program window would be nice

2.) Clicking on a link should open the URL with the system's standard browser instead of IE (if IE is not the the standard browser the machine that is).

3.) Entering "asdf" into the search field, selecting Depot53 and clicking the back button quickly multiple times results in a total crash of the program. See screenshot.

screenshot-error.JPG (Curse you, Visual Basic :P)

Furthermore, I'd like to see this one working in a batch mode, creating an enormously useful meta-searchengine.

Being able to just enter a search term and having the program crawl all the sites automatically would just awesome, practical and time-saving.

You could parse the output of the website by applying regular expressions and display a list in your tool like"3 results found on RedWolf, 2 results on WGC" etc, with the text being a link taking you to the corresponding search result.

Or even better, make each result line expandable (like the subfolders in Windows Explorer) to make direct jumps to each product possible.

3.) Entering "asdf" into the search field, selecting Depot53 and clicking the back button quickly multiple times results in a total crash of the program. See screenshot.

If you hit the back button right when you start the program you should get the same result. :) I know about the error, but I don't think it is a problem.

AirsoftSearch v2.0 will be an online version of the software that will taket the results from a website's search engine and display them in the way you want. Lowest cost, alphabetical, by retailer, etc. You will be able to search multiple websites at the same time and get the results from all of them.

Archived