Echo1 M16A4 Review

Far east, thanks for this review, its just what i was looking for. The gun seems to be great, and if i can imagine extremely reliable.

I was looking into buying a new airsoft gun, seeing as you have had both a TM and Echo1, i was wondering if i could get your opinion.

Tm m16a1- 175$

or

Echo1 m16a4- 145$

with the purchase of the echo i could obvious get a few extra goodys, expecially since it also comes with a hi-cap.

Ive read your intire review on the echo1 and if im correct the internals are even better than the TM's. Are there any major differences that make the TM worth so much more? or is it just name brand, or labor costs?

Also last but not least (hope im not asking too much), When a tokyo marui is shipped to america, are the logos Melted out of the gun? thats what they did to my friends tokyo marui m733, but his is 3 years old.

the tm m16a1 (non vietnam version) is very plasticy. Its an earlier model and where as its not bad its just you would be better off spending a bit more for an A2 or VN as there is more metal and they are tweaked up a little better.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this is a little dated, but I've read over and over the review. FarEast, you've done a great and very, very complete guide of the gun. Right now I'm thinking about picking up a Echo 1 AK myself.

However, when reading it, there was one problem that kinda sortof bugged me.

I noticed that FarEast said that they guys over at Echo 1 sent him it instead of him buying it. I know that it isn't a big thing nor is it FarEast's fault. But, the problem is, that couldn't the dudes at Echo 1 personally checked that gun so that there wasn't any flaws in the gun? Personally, I hold it as a better review if it was just any old Echo 1 gun reviewed rather than the one that was sent personally? Most likely, nothing was done and Echo 1 is a reliable company.

All in all, I still think this review was very good.

I know that this is a little dated, but I've read over and over the review. FarEast, you've done a great and very, very complete guide of the gun. Right now I'm thinking about picking up a Echo 1 AK myself.

However, when reading it, there was one problem that kinda sortof bugged me.

I noticed that FarEast said that they guys over at Echo 1 sent him it instead of him buying it. I know that it isn't a big thing nor is it FarEast's fault. But, the problem is, that couldn't the dudes at Echo 1 personally checked that gun so that there wasn't any flaws in the gun? Personally, I hold it as a better review if it was just any old Echo 1 gun reviewed rather than the one that was sent personally?  Most likely, nothing was done and Echo 1 is a reliable company.

All in all, I still think this review was very good.

Just to let you know the gun came straight off the production line in China and mailed directly too me. So if they did take a look at the gun then they did it in the factory. But to be honest the gun was in perfect condition without any marks of being re-opened.

WOW just got this straight off the press, I think that clears up one debate!

Some companies who are carrying JG's products said that ECHO 1 USA is exactly the same as JG.

This is totally incorrect.

ECHO1's products have been carefully selected before we ship to US and even the internal parts are different!

Plus, we provided local service and warranty in USA.

These companies are using our brand name to promote their own products and it is violate the laws.

We already asked our lawyers to send letter to companies, including Airsplat.com (Mr. Ken Wu)

The following is our statement:

We represent Echo 1 Sports, Inc. a well known company in airsoft industry.

Echo 1 Sports, Inc. has been using the mark “Echo 1 USA” for airsoft since October 2006. Echo 1 Sports, Inc. has worked very hard and expended substantial resources developing and maintaining the “Echo 1 USA” mark for air soft, such that is well known and has come to represent Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s quality, service, and reliability.

It has recently come to our client’s attention that you are using the name “Echo 1 USA” in connection with the sales of airsoft in commerce in the United States. More troubling is that you are improperly confusing our customers and potential customers, telling them that the products you are selling are “Echo 1 USA” products and wrongfully causing them to purchase products from you under a misrepresentation that they are purchasing Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s products, when they are not. Such conduct is unfair competition that is illegal and violates of the Lanham Act.

Moreover, there can be no doubt that your use of “Echo 1 USA” in the sale of air soft has actually confused our customers and more generally creates a strong likelihood of confusing or mistake among the public as to the source of the products. Further, it is our understanding that your use of “Echo 1 USA” occurred no earlier than January 2007 when Echo 1 Sports, Inc. was incorporated in October 2006. Your actions are direct violation of Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s well-established federal and common law rights in its mark “Echo 1 USA” and constitute trademark infringement under section 32 of the Lamham Act, unfair competition and a violation of section 43 (a) of the Lamham Act, as well as various laws of the State of California. Such conduct will not be tolerated.

Echo 1 Sports, Inc. here demands that each of you immediately cease and desist from (1) any further use of the name ”Echo 1 USA” in connection with the sale of any air soft products, and (2) telling others that your products are not Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s products.

In light of Echo 1 Sports, Inc.’s superior federally protected rights and the confusing that you have caused and will likely result form the sue of such identical marks on identical products in the same channels of trade to the same customers, we expect that you will immediately discontinue your use of “Echo 1 USA” in all sales, marketing and promotional activities.

Please confirm in writing to the undersigned as soon as possible, but not later than March 24, 2007, that you will agree to the foregoing. If we do not hear from you, we must assume that you intend to continue your course of conduct in derogation of our client’s rights, and we will be forced to pursue the full extent of the remedies available under the applicable state and federal law, which includes injunctive relief, monetary damages (which can be doubled or treble din the event of intentional infringement), profit disgorgement, attorneys’ fees and courts costs.

We hope that this mater can and will be settled amicably and quickly, but we necessarily reserve all of our clients’ rights in law and equity in the event that no such resolution is reached. We look forward to hearing from you promptly.

well I certainly hope that the actual letters sent didn't look anything like that or Echo1 should hire a new lawyer! They couldn't even spell some of the words right! What I'd really like to see is a side by side comparison between the JG and the Echo1 to see what is really so "different", and on the subject of the 30 day warranty, many people will have to ship their AEGs back to the retailer that they bought those AEGs from to do a repair, which will add more costs to the total amount that a person will have spent trying to get into airsoft. Oh then I supposed there's always the chance of the retailer claiming user error and charge the full amount for parts and labor to repair. Just saying after reading Echo1's statement I'd really like to know what "different" parts are used.

Just to let you know the gun came straight off the production line in China and mailed directly too me. So if they did take a look at the gun then they did it in the factory. But to be honest the gun was in perfect condition without any marks of being re-opened.

Thanks for the clarification... :)

I have what we call a mental retardation, but i think this kinda says something.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1975

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2108

the echo 1 has a version 3 gear box

the JG has a version 2 gear box

different? i dunno. SPANISH? HEY WHY NOT?

Also as i write reviews for the masses I include pretty much every aspect that can be reviewed.....so if you feel you could do better, actually do so and contribute to the community rather than trashing it.

No need to be so defensive :) I did say "in general", not "FarEast, that was ######, do it again" ;) I've read quite a lot of your reviews and found them to be very informative, so if I've caused you some grave personal offense, I'm sorry.

And I don't know about doing "better", but over the many years I've been involved with airsoft I have certainly written to an equal standard. And in great volume. I may have only just registered on Arnies but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a complete newbie or an idiot. I have contributed as much to the community as I feel inclined to, and my days of reviewing boxes and samey-same AEGs are well behind me :rolleyes:

I like ASGI, they have pretty good prices on some items, if I didn't live in CA and didn't have to deal with paying tax, the free shipping offer would be fantastic! (hey wouldn't give up living in CA just for that!) They could work on their packaging technique though, most of my packages came in very loosely packed boxes, I mean it's understandable that they're busy, but come on, I'd be pretty ###### if I lived across the country and my package showed up that badly packed.

after reading this review i might just get me a echo m16a4 [=

But..... I don't like the orange [=

Anyone know the average life span?

I have 6000 (perhaps more) rounds through my M4A1 and it's going strong. I upgraded some pieces out of want, not need and only had maybe 1000 rounds on the stock piston, clylinder before the upgrade but neither showed any wear. I do have the full 6+K rounds on the stock spring, gears, motor, tappet plate, trigger, mechbox shell and it's all good.. No abnormal wear, no fracturing of the mechbox, the motor is strong, the spring is still strong and the gears look like brand new.