Echo1 M16A4 Review

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review. I've been hearing a lot about Echo1 here in the states and I'm glad to see that somebody put together an in-depth and thoughtful review. The one thing that really caught my eye was the photograph of the gearbox internals. That C.A marking is identical to that which was on the corresponding gear inside my CA SLR105. I hope that helps for anybody wondering about the gear quality. Additionally the sector gear looks to be made in the same process as the Classic Army sector gear.

Cheers,

Batou.

Ok finally I have heard some word from ASGI about the M4A1 I ordered for my nephew......... LAST MONTH! Anyways I thought this whole Echo1 thing was going to be another cheap clone that really served no purpose, good for lenders, and the complains that come with them in 2-3 weeks later. With this review I now know that this gun has to be the best clone.

Why you ask? First off a review by FarEast about TM....CLONES! Second he's in Japan (if I'm not mistaken) where most of the best airsoft goodies are at, and here he is importing Echo1's and telling us how great the gun is and how much it suprises him. Anymore reasons why we should not all get an Echo1? I think not.

Seriously though very nice review FarEast thanks, now I can sleep after reading this review and I know my nephew will have something thats on par or even better with my TM guns. +1

A little question are the JG mags the same quality as the Echo1's mags, I'm just asking because the JG are about $10 buck$ cheaper than the Echo1s on ASGI, and yes these are hi caps.

Edited by FriendlyFire!
Great review. I've been hearing a lot about Echo1 here in the states and I'm glad to see that somebody put together an in-depth and thoughtful review. The one thing that really caught my eye was the photograph of the gearbox internals. That C.A marking is identical to that which was on the corresponding gear inside my CA SLR105. I hope that helps for anybody wondering about the gear quality. Additionally the sector gear looks to be made in the same process as the Classic Army sector gear.

Cheers,

Batou.

Regarding the C.A markings on the gears, you can find more info on the official website of Classic Army Italy. On the mainpage there is a information to end users about C.A marked gears installed on China guns. According to what they say Classic Army refused a production lot of gears because they didn't pass their Q.C. and their gear supplier instead destoying them because bearing the C.A markings sold them cheap to China Gun makers. Now Classic Army is taking legal actions against the supplier. At the moment C.A marked gears (defective) have been discovered in Golden Bow and Echo 1 guns.

Well at least its better than having chinese made gears that you know for sure will wear down after a while. I trust a defective CA gear more than a crappy pot metal chinese made gear. Anyways can you say that JG airsoft is to Echo1 airsoft as KWA guns are to KSC's? Same company, made in different area?

Far east, thanks for this review, its just what i was looking for. The gun seems to be great, and if i can imagine extremely reliable.

I was looking into buying a new airsoft gun, seeing as you have had both a TM and Echo1, i was wondering if i could get your opinion.

Tm m16a1- 175$

or

Echo1 m16a4- 145$

with the purchase of the echo i could obvious get a few extra goodys, expecially since it also comes with a hi-cap.

Ive read your intire review on the echo1 and if im correct the internals are even better than the TM's. Are there any major differences that make the TM worth so much more? or is it just name brand, or labor costs?

Also last but not least (hope im not asking too much), When a tokyo marui is shipped to america, are the logos Melted out of the gun? thats what they did to my friends tokyo marui m733, but his is 3 years old.

Well at least its better than having chinese made gears that you know for sure will wear down after a while. I trust a defective CA gear more than a crappy pot metal chinese made gear.

XYT (the brand of gears that almost all chinese airsoft guns use) are made of steel.

I've not had any failures with them so far - I have a set I've been running on a M140 with no problems.

Hey I have an Echo1 and just wondering if the receiver plastic is the same as tokyo marui cuz the echo1 seems kinda weak (bendable plastic especially the tabs).

Same plastic, which is why on the new revision of the TM M4/M16's they are reinforced with metal inserts.

As for the gears, these are all produced by the same company for many of the major manufacters of Airsoft including Tokyo Marui, they are just stamped with the appropraite coding.

As for the internals of the Echo1 being compared to Tokyo Marui, well I would say the Marui's Hop=Unit is of a slightly higher standard the gear box is pretty much identical, the wiring on the Echo1 is of a much higher standard compared to Marui although the soldering isn't as good on the Echo1.

The tappet plate is of a much higher standard than the Marui, which I have found to be very brittle and one of the first things to wear down on my gear box.

Wha?!

The TM tappet plate is brittle? You are kidding, right? TM tappet plates are flexible, and I've had far better experiences running them in high-powered AEG setups than Systema and Guarder offerings for example. I'm talking 1.35X the forum limits for thousands upon thousands of rounds.

While I've had TM tappet plates show wear, I've never had one break and haven't had misfeed problems with them in all types of guns.

But I mean wouldnt you trust a CA brand gear more? I had both XYT and CA gears and the CA gears seem much better IMO.

But they're notexactly CA gears if CA refused them because they dont meet CA standards. By all accounts the XYT gears i've seen seem to be pretty good.