Like the 552 but want more RIS?

Jett

Hot off the Jett Custom Arms bedroom floor comes the SIG 552 RIS.

It was made using a full-metal Mosquito Moulds Uzi RIS System which, to my amazement, has precisely the right-shaped holes in precisely the right places to make this great (and pretty easy) mod.

The RIS itself was trimmed to alow for the front body pin to be inserted and it still accepts a standard mini battery.

The best part is that the RIS is directly mounted to the smaller RIS rail that comes fitted to the 552 as standard, meaning that you can simply unbolt the standard rail and the whole larger unit comes away too, leaving the standard weapon.

The worst part is that the stock won't snap closed but I'm looking into that. Anyway, hope this helps someone in the future sometime.

Jett

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

Nice try, but not exactly the prettiest way to put more rails on a Sig. I've done similar before: put a length of plastic as a spacer on either side of the foregrip to give a right angle surface, same as with the curved top. Slapped 3 lengths of rail on them and done. And it didn't look like a Sig + something else, just plain Sig and more rails.

Good mod ;)

not much you can do to a Sig 552 , does it make it a bit front heavy?

Yes, yes it does.

and here I was thinking someone had made this:

01xj5.th.jpg

Nice, much more Rainbow Six than my effort. I admit though the whole thing was more of an "I wonder if that will fit" exercise rather than "I'll make it much better." Still, proves it can be done anyway.

Archived