FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you fire it with the dustcover on.........

I know the British one is built so that if you fire it with the dust cover on the bullet just shoots a hole in it and goes about its business.

I'm sure he'll let us know what it does in time.

Nice pic BTW, water, snow, mud, etc. not good.

I saw a breech explosion caused by dried mud in the barrel once.

Luckily we had the .22 adaptors in so we could use the indoor range and no one was hurt.

Except the guy who's admin caused the bang *fruitcage*, he did all the pressups in the world.

Single handedly caused the great pressup drought of '03

Barrel jams are scary! In Norway we don't have any form of mussel dustcover. But try not to stick our barrels into the snow to much :) one good trick is to use some form of fabric to cover the mussel. In wintertime is has to be fabric since airtight seals like tape makes the barrel corrode from the inside. The numer 1 trick however is to keep the mussel out of the snow :)

The pic is taken from a classroom on our camp, i think its just to scare new recruits :)

As fore fitting the MIAD grip.. as long as it can be fitted on a 20mm rail, it can be fitted on a SCAR

I have a question for all you SCAR owners out there. Do you think it would be possible to put a MIAD grip on a SCAR? I would like to do this to the VFC SCAR when it comes out.

well ive seen one on a JLS somewhere, but since every gun is different theres no telling if it will directly fit onto the VFC, iirc, it needed modding to fit the JLS. but i see no reason why you could't put one on :P

edit

As fore fitting the MIAD grip.. as long as it can be fitted on a 20mm rail, it can be fitted on a SCAR

lolz, numbnuts :P

Edited by Bengali

Well the reason I ask, is because the lower receiver on both the CA and VFC SCARs aren't exact of the M16 series lower receiver. You can see that on the SCAR, excluding the JLS, the lower behind the grip is at a 90 degree angle, apposed the the M16 series. Which looks to be at around a 45 degree angle.

The worst that could I suppose is that it wouldn't fit, and I would just have to sell it off.

Thanks, for the info though.

Well if you fire it with the dustcover on......... I don't think that is a dustcover. Prehaps an adapter for a rifle grenade or something.

I know all about harsh Nordic climates...

Here is what happened to a G3 with the barrel full of ice. And BTW you stuff it with snow and then it turns to ice, water is not a problem in wintertime, since its already ice  :)

dscn0092km5.jpg

Your picture shows exactly why a dustcap/ muzzle cover is a very good idea. It stops the ingress of foreign objects, ie mud or snow into the barrel of a weapon. If the gun you pictured had had a cap on ( or a durex as used by UK Forces ) the bore wouldn't have become clogged and thus the barrel would not of burst upon firing.

As for the "Well if you fire it with the dustcover on......... " comment nothing untoward would happen except you cover would shoot off down range. The bullet wouldn't even touch it, the pressure in the barrel as the bullet reaveled towards it would blow it off long before the bullet reached it.

I know this for a fact as when I started shooting in the eighties a mate had an AR15 and lost countless muzzle caps because he kept forgeting to take them off before firing!

As I said in my previous post it isn't an adapter for a grenade as it isn't threaded just finned. Also it is a push on fit, no thread to attach it, so you would need one for each grenade you fired, why then is it attached to the muzzle?

Edited by BigAl
What is that thing on the end of the barrel on the AK5?

It's a combined cover. It's made out of rubber so you can fire through it without any problems. Protects the barrel from snow, ice and dirt but also prevents the barrel from knocking out your teeth when skiing... ;)

Miker>> Nice F2000! :D

Edited by Xeno-Morpheus