FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow nice, how is the range and accuracy

It's upgraded to 500 fps and also uses a Prometheus 6,03 mm barrel with a length of 590 mm, so the maximum effective combat range is 60-70 meters. Some people prefer the Tokyo Marui M14 over the King Arms FAL as a long-range AEG, but once you have exchanged the FAL's hop-up rubber and tuned the rifles to such high power, they really are on par with each other.

After adding the metal R.I.S. and the folding stock I noticed the rifle is now just too heavy and big to be used in regular woodland surroundings in the summer (when there is a lot of foliage) though and furthermore the perfect balance of the rifle is lost, but in autumn and winter or in more open battlefields I have made more "frags" with this AEG than I have with any other in the same timeframe. Some guns I previously tuned to 400 - 500 fps just lost a lot of their consistency when it came to putting aimed automatic fire on a target over 50 meters away, but the FAL and the M14 enable you to reach out for enemies far beyond such distances when upgraded.

Today it finally came! :D

My brand new Marushin Industries FN Five-seveN!

My initial response was quite satisfactory since the outer box is rather shiny and has all the adequate markings and information one would need in order to choose a sidearm. Although the "Blue letter limited edition" and "Super surprised kick" confused me somewhat in the beginning.

14926425.jpg

Inside the outer box is... well... another box, in lack of a better description, (Double-U, Tee, Eeef, mate? Shrimp? Barbecue?) again with the same information as on the outer one, although this time the box is in a rather luxurious black color.

14926426.jpg

When I finally opened the box completely the gun itself stared right back at me in an almost sensual way. It was all I hoped for, and then some! The gun is at first glance gorgeous, it has a nice finish and the grey trimmings make the gun look 100% complete. The gun comes complete with some BB's (appear to be 0.20g) a loading tool of sorts (or whatever it is), manual and a hop-up adjustment hex key.

14926427.jpg

The first disappointment came when I actually picked up the gun. It is ridiculously light, even with the magazine inserted. The whole construction has an overall feel of plastic and fragility, and it almost feels cheap to some extent. Anybody who has operated and fired one of KWA:s cheap springers know what I'm talking about.

Left side:

14926428.jpg

Upon closer inspection I think I've figured out what the "Blue letter limited edition" thing is all about. The blue letters help the eyes focus on some of the more important real-steel markings, like the caliber and FN Herstal Belgium letters and shifts focus away from the fact that the insignia on the grip consists of an integrated M and I representing Marushin Industries, rather than the more correct F with integrated N marking present on the real-steel counterpart.

Right side:

14926429.jpg

The real-steel caliber of 5.7mm is correctly present on the slide and frame of the gun. However, on the ejection portal, the rather anti-climactic letters "6mm BB" are inscribed. However subtle and shallow this marking may be (and if I'm not totally mistaken, it can be sand papered away with ease) it is still a disappointment.

14926430.jpg

The slide is although extremely easy to push back and locks distinctly in place by the slide-catch. This was the first sign of reassurance since most other surprise had been rather unflattering.

14926532.jpg

Upon removing the magazine I realize that approximately 60-70% of the guns weight consists of the magazine itself. If the gun was ridicilously light before, that was nothing compared to what it is now.

14926533.jpg

The first thing that struck me regarding the magazine was first of all the cheer weight of it, and the second thing was the size of the magazine. It is, in deed, HUGE!

I decided to compare it to a STANAG 5.56 magazine in order to clarify the similarities. The STANAG is at it's highest 16cm tall, and the Five-seveN magazine is 14cm tall. The STANAG is 6.5cm wide at it's base, and the Five-seveN magazine is 6.0cm wide. The magazines have roughly the same depth, thus I have yet to find a magazine pouch in my wardrobe to fit my Five-seveN magazine in.

14926534.jpg

The REAL surprise, however, came when I fired the gun! I thought sadly, and quietly, to myself "Well, if I'm going to brake this gun, now would be as good a time as ever..." so I loaded the gun up with some Green Gas and dry-fired it for a few rounds, and the recoil is amazing! You could say that I was "Super surprised" about the "kick" it delivered. ;)

Operation of the gun consists of single-action only. Thus the gun must be racked before initial firing can commence, just like the Glock series pistols. Some people find this feature appealing, although I must admit that I prefer double-action pistols like the M9. But it is in deed a surviveable sacrifice given the fact that you will receive this beautiful and surprising pistol.

The gun actually appears quite sturdy and strong once you know that it survived the initial few reciols. I haven't officially testfired it yet, so range and hop-up adjustment settings have yet to be evaluated, but I will return with more mouth watering information in the near future.

Don't be a menace to South Central while drinking your juice in the hood!

Just modded my SCAR to take a large battery.

I took the cheekrest off and pulled the wire up through the top, just behind the front site. I then put the cheek rest back on in it up position. I am currently using an external battery pouch with a large 9.6V battery.

I will get some pictures up to show you all. This make the gun perfect as the only flaw is having to use a small battery.

It's funny, I remember the first time I shot a real-steel 5-7, my first though was "wow, this feel more like a toy than my airsoft pistols" - it was so light and flimsy feeling without the mag in. Shooting was also a breeze as it has so little recoil. The mag was even polymer and ultra-light feeling.

I haven't felt the airsoft version yet, but I just think it's ironic. I wonder if when the TM version comes out if it will have a bit more heft to it.

It's funny, I remember the first time I shot a real-steel 5-7, my first though was "wow, this feel more like a toy than my airsoft pistols" - it was so light and flimsy feeling without the mag in. Shooting was also a breeze as it has so little recoil. The mag was even polymer and ultra-light feeling.

I haven't felt the airsoft version yet, but I just think it's ironic. I wonder if when the TM version comes out if it will have a bit more heft to it.

The airsoft version feels like it ways a good bit more than the real steel version. The damn airsoft mag is unreal in how much it weighs.

Just a couple of notes...for those who didn't see my post elsewhere....the final two models of folding-stock FN FALs are on sale now - and for only $242! (vs. $409 for the full stock models?)

I'll probably pick one up...also saw my first SCAR in person yesterday (real steel...er...real...polymer?)

The guys from Blackhawk came to our station to do a sales-pitch on some gear, which mostly looked reasonable. I'm not a blackhawk fan, but some of their newer stuff looks quite good.

I didnt get a chance to ask, but I'm curious now if the SCAR was actually airsoft...hmmm...anyway, looked okay, but it had zero goodies on it.