FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little question neovenom;

i noticed on some pictures theres a screw on the front sling attachment, does this mean sling attachment can be removed from the replica? cuz i think it looks rediculous :P

yes it can be removed. but I'm probably going to fit another rail on to it.

Like your second setup NeoVeNoM. Is the P90 silecer able to fir to the fron of an FN2000?

Well, You only need a silencer that has a 14mmCW thread. Maybe other F2000 have a 14mmCCW thread, I don't know.

Uhm, Its a F2000 Tactical. but it's not made specifically for the Slovenian military.

They chose the tactical version for their troops after a one year competition.

I don't think a country like Slovenia has the means to let an arms company design a rifle matching their specs.

FN news

Incorrect. The FN designation for the variant of the rifle in use with Slovenian forces is the F2000 S. It was modified to suit the requirements of the Slovenian military. This can be seen, namely, in the raised M1913 Picatinny rail, but also in the Kalashnikov-style bayonet issued for the rifle. For those who want to know, the F2000 S is also being issued with an AimPoint reflex sight. The F2000 S has been issued to Slovenian forces operating in Kosovo and to other Slovenian units that operate as NATO Rapid Reaction Forces, with plans to purchase more rifles for issue to the remainder of Slovenian military units, including reserves.

The below is an image of an F2000 S with standard issue bayonet, optic, and sling:

F2000_S_01.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone can get their hands on one of those bayonets, please PM me. [/shameless plug] :unsure:

The only problem I have with the rifle, as issued, is that the Slovenians adopted the FN-H F2000 sling and not the far superior product offered by Urban-ERT. But that's neither here nor there.

Edited by Jagdraben

Hm they don't have a budget for that kind of thing. This is slovenia, not the US. It might look to you that it's specifically designed for them, but it's not. Take away everything that has nothing to do with the F2000 and what do you have left? all these accessories have got nothing to do with FN, apart from the sling.

They just added all that by themselves. it's still a F2000 Tactical.

They can't let a weapons factory built a rifle to their specs, they are not america.

Edited by NeoVeNoM
Hm they don't have a budget for that kind of thing. This is slovenia, not the US. It might look to you that it's specifically designed for them, but it's not. Take away everything that has nothing to do with the F2000 and what do you have left? all these accessories have got nothing to do with FN, apart from the sling.

They just added all that by themselves. it's still a F2000 Tactical.

They can't let a weapons factory built a rifle to their specs, they are not america.

Wrong. Again.

The F2000 Tactical has a tri-mount Pinatinny railed forend. The raised rail was added by FN in response to a Slovenian request for the firearm. The bayonet issued with the rifle is also modified from the bayonet originally designed by FN. In other words, the weapon was specifically modified to meet the requirements of the Slovenian military. Which isn't surprising at all, given the quantity of weapons involved (about 16,000 when the transition is complete and about 6,000 right now). It also isn't surprising given that other manufacturers have done much more for smaller quantity orders.

In other words, take away everything having to do with the rifle not made by FN and you're left with an AimPoint and a 30mm scope mount. Everything else is FN: The sling, the rifle, the rail, the bayonet. Both the rail and the bayonet were modified to suit the needs and desires of the Slovenian military.

For reference, the F2000 Tactical:

fn_f2000_2.jpg

Compare with the F2000 S:

F2000_S_01.jpg

PICT1123.jpg

My F2000, i want to do an 'urban' camo colour scheme, anyone got any pointers, or better yet, tutorials?

Kapowwe.com has a do it yourself camo kit with all kinds of goodies like stencils and paints. Its a good buy if you want to do your entire kit because for one gun its just too damn expensive. But on the bright side, it comes with enough paint and supplies to do a few aeg's and a bunch of accessories.

And do you have any proof otherwise?

Well I don't see any proof about the slovenian request, do you?

As far as I am concerned the first foto is a foto of the first version of FN F2000.

We are talking about 4 years ago. Guns get modified over the years.

this is the revised version. I know again not the same.( the front sight appears to be different)

f2000tacticalft6.jpg

I think it's more important that the accessories to build this come out.

f20002uj2.jpg

Well I don't see any proof about the slovenian request, do you?

Of course, I'm sure the Slovenian military makes everything that occurs to them and that they think available on the internet and available in English and French. :rolleyes:

The only reason we know as much as we do is because: A-FN announced it; B-The Slovenian military has made no attempt to hide it, and; C-Slovenian soldiers have been kind enough to indulge their friends in the West and photograph their weapons and post comments about them.

As far as I am concerned the first foto is a foto of the first version of FN F2000.

Wrong. The photo is an FN F2000. Shown on both FN-H's official website, as well as their American subsidy's website, FN-H USA. Given that the F2000 Tactical and FS2000 Tactical are both made in the same factory as the F2000 and the F2000 S, it would be safe to assume that if the rail were indicative of that being mounted on the F2000 Tactical, that it would also be seen to have it on one of FN-H's websites and/or the FS2000. But it isn't, so it's safe to assume that, no, FN has not modified their entire line of rifles, and that they've simply modified the F2000 Tactical for one specific customer, the Slovenian government.

We are talking about 4 years ago. Guns get modified over the years.

Yes. They get modified. But only when there is a reason for it. ie: The TAR-21 and G36 get modified in response to concerns about them melting, the AR-15, TAR-21, FN FAL, SA80 get modified in response to concerns about reliability. There's no reason to put a higher rail on the F2000 Tactical as, by doing so, it suddenly means that optics intended to be used on AR-15s (most tactical optics available today) suddenly have to be either heavily modified in order to be used comfortably... that or a check rest would need to be made available.

In other words, there's a reason why guns get changed. There's no reason to change the F2000, unless it's in response to a customer's specific request.

f20002uj2.jpg

You want the accessories to make the one version of the F2000 that will probably never be used? :huh: