FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the 6mm ones have blue text - I think the idea was to drive collectors in Japan to the 8mm version...

What's it like? I must admit, despite reading some bad reports it's still high on my list of airsoft pistols to try.

Cheers.

Well, at the moment ( being cold and all) it refuses to run on HFC134a. At all. It rolls the BBs out the barrel, and thats it. On green gas however, it's much nicer. Plasticy, but good plastic. Weighs NOTHING without the mag ( its bigger than a bastarding Desert Eagle mag). Weird as hell BB stack system, instead of them stacking side by side, they stack one behind, one in front :S

Nicely built mind you, no wobbles ( except in the mag, but it seems to actually shoot better, but if you try and push the mag flush, it just spams gas.

Got a nice bit of kick though on green in my house... so when the weather picks up, I'll be able to shoot review the sod, as I did a review on ASCUK before I got banned, but it was to cold to shoot in a skirmish situation. I'm getting the Battlestar Galactica grenade module for it :P

agree on all shriven's points.

plasticky but very good build. good and snappy recoil. really rocks with green but not doing it as a habit since there no replacement parts, yet.

a bit too light compared to other GBBs but i've been told the RS is the same. so is the mag release when you slap in the mag. ;)

mag rattles in the magwell.

only real downside is the LD2 hop so i'll be trying mine with a TK twist barrel. :unsure: thinking back, i might have waited for Marui had i know about that Marushing idiosyncrasy earlier :rolleyes:

Edited by zentaurus

;) that LD2 is really the pits :rolleyes: it's gotten so inaccurate i get a lot of flyers now that i've used green and about 25-30 mags of 134a (but i'm in the tropics, so there's a lot more power to 134a where i am).

habitually do some target practice at 20 ft. weekend mornings and now i can only hit the center 1/7-8 even on single shots :rolleyes:

the TK should be a real improvement at that rate ;)

Because I cant resist any longer!:

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

And yes, it is correct.

Internals:

Stock G&P Internals

Guarder M120

King Arms Hop Up Unit

Guarder Clear Hop Up

KM 6.04 Tightbore

SW-Computer

Externals:

Complete Pre Built G&P M16A4 RIS bought from Ehobby asia for a smoking low price :D

SW-Computer provides correct trigger groupings and it is very reliable and very nice. All I have to do is turn it on, one buzz, pull trigger in semi, one buzz again, then two trigger pulls, then let it go. 4 shots on Semi, and three round burst is as reliable as my families Old Ford F150. (thats really reliable. 300,000 miles and counting :D)

My 3 round burst is rediculously fast because of the awesome Motor G&P put in it.

Ohh and yes, it is missing (well not missing, but not installed) the pin that goes above the trigger, it was a pain in the butt to try and get back in, took the gun apart again and said to heck with it. And yes, the charging handle catch is missing, I prefer my Armalites this way and it allows for smoother faux bolt operation.

Enjoy!

Looks like Hotlink doesn't work anymore, so here is the direct Link again.

colwombat, are you sure it's a 551? If I compare the Picture with the EOTechs on the UKTactical Website, only the 512/552 Models seem to be of correct Length.

PS: I also took measuremes of my TR Rail, the 13 cm seem to fit exactly the Length of 512/552 EOTechs which is stated as 131mm on UKTac.

Thanks,

FG

Edited by FallenGuard
Got me an Aimpoint CompM4. Replica though, I'll see if I can get my hands on a real one any time soon.

I think it goes well with the scar :)

http://users.pandora.be/j3T/mil/DSC_2149.jpg

i like that. most scar users have empty SCARS, which is stupid. at least have an optic! when i get the masada, im gonna throw on an optic, and grip, just like that... though i think ill use an eotech

mine:

0315081039.jpg

yeah.

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe

Do you like this?

VFCSCAROpticsMadness.jpg

How about this?

VFCSCAROpticsMadness2.jpg

What about this?

VFCSCAROpticsMadness1.jpg

Maybe this is more your style?

VFCSCAROpticsMadness3.jpg

I bet you like this one the best however.

VFCSCAROpticsMadness4.jpg