FN Picture Thread

yeah the bottom one is dboys, the flash kinda messed up the pic though, I have a few better pics of it in the "dboys scar thread" though., the colour isnt perfect on it but its not nearly as bad as the pic makes it look.,

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. so, VFC SCAR owners, two questions:

A. What is a decent 3 point sling that will work with the SCAR, and comes in tan cloth?

B. What aftermarket grips will work? Anything besides Magpul pistol grips? (Do Magpul airsoft pistol grips work out of the box?) I know my G&P Tango Down Battlegrip didn;t work.

Okay. so, VFC SCAR owners, two questions:

A. What is a decent 3 point sling that will work with the SCAR, and comes in tan cloth?

B. What aftermarket grips will work? Anything besides Magpul pistol grips? (Do Magpul airsoft pistol grips work out of the box?) I know my G&P Tango Down Battlegrip didn;t work.

Not sure about the grips, but if you scroll up to the top of the page you can see Paragon is rocking an EZ-sling on his scar.

Edited by Dahmer45

VFC SCAR-L.

Element Magpul Ranger Plate on the VFC hi-cap.

SCAR Tan MAG Midcaps in the pouches.

EBayBanned AimPoint Comp M4.

G&P G90 flashlight with a Surefire P91 bulb & Guarder Tailcap w/ Tape Switch.

Guarder VFG painted with Brownelle's Coyote.

DyTac AAC Blackout flashider.

Homemade RVS Mk1 sling.

Homemade FN ID sticker.

Homemade barcode (ok, that looks crappy) to cover up the trademarks that WGC butchered.

Internals = Guarder tappet plate and spring guide, Modify bushings (about to install), PDI 170% spring, Big Out H-Hop.

Battery = Elite 9.6v 1500mAH

airsoftvfcscarl002gy8.jpg

airsoftvfcscarl003jb0.jpg

There is an insert in the mount that raises it up to a one-half co-witness on the VFC SCAR. You can take the insert out and it will sit lower, but will be too low to co-witness with the VFC irons.

Beautiful SCARs, everyone.

You guys (and FarEast's excellent review) have convinced me to save my money and get a VFC SCAR-L as my next AEG to supplement my custom G3SG/1 (as much as I love it, it is a little too large for CQB).

I have a photo request: can anyone post a picture of their VFC SCAR-L with a tan vertical foregrip, standard length barrel, and an Aimpoint CompM2 with a cantilever mount? Much thanks.

Chevieblazer, I think I may have misunderstood your question.

Yes, the dot is vertically adjustable, as well as the mount having a riser insert.

Edited by Mig1
Cantilevers are pointless on scars since you have the monolithic rail.

But wouldn't an M2 mounted in the normal fashion (without a cantilever) be too low for someone wearing a full-face mask to use?

I think his point was not that a high mount was pointless, but a cantilever high mount was pointless.

The cantilever mount is the one that "leans" forward so you can have the optic out a little further on a flat top M4. You could just get normal high mount, like a replica Wilcox mount.

I think his point was not that a high mount was pointless, but a cantilever high mount was pointless.

The cantilever mount is the one that "leans" forward so you can have the optic out a little further on a flat top M4. You could just get normal high mount, like a replica Wilcox mount.

Well said bud, exactly what i was going after.

A typical "straight" mount will allow you to pick whichever height you prefer your optics to reside at.