FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainspire, who is that sexy woman?

Summer Glau

And yes, she is very beautiful woman. I've completely fallen in love with her. :D

Now, if only I could get pictures of my beautiful SCAR-L on here as well... :P

...Stupid MIAD grip not installing without longer screws.... *mumbles to self*

Unless you guys want to see a mockup... :rolleyes:

Didnt want to make a new thread for such a small question so I'll post it here.

Taking my VFC Scar to a photoshoot for a friend and I need the CQC barrel put in so pics can be taken with that, and the standard barrel. However I cant get the inner barrel out of the barrel set to swap with the shorter one.

How'd you go about it because the book isn;t exactly filled with detail. It just says to "replace it"

Latest addition to my FN collection; real Mk46 bipod, this was horribly priced at $40

Now I'll just have to mount it on G&P Mk46

mk46bipod.jpg

That's the buy of the century...

Didnt want to make a new thread for such a small question so I'll post it here.

Taking my VFC Scar to a photoshoot for a friend and I need the CQC barrel put in so pics can be taken with that, and the standard barrel. However I cant get the inner barrel out of the barrel set to swap with the shorter one.

How'd you go about it because the book isn;t exactly filled with detail. It just says to "replace it"

You remove the barrel assembly (4 screws on the outside of the upper receiver by the front of the ejection port) and then slide it out. After that take an allen wrench and loosen the screws in the outer barrel which press on the sides on the hop up and slide it out.

Six screws actually, one on each side at the front of the side rails, two on each side of the black things that stick out on the sides behind the rail.

First you will need to remove the lower, obviously.

These FN parts came from a private person who was selling all kinds of metal junk (not only gun parts). Then you just had to decide what you want from the pile. There was not only Mk46 bipod, but also a brand new M249 SAW bipod for $50, used KAC M249 RAS for $20 and then this:

m240ha.jpg

M240 hanger assembly (quite rare on the civilian market). Those have been selling for $350 at gunbroker, but this one was, again, no more than $15.

Pics are from August, got a few new things coming in for it. Including a Private Parts SCAR Suppressor and a replica EoTech and possibly a G&P tan PEQ Box (The one with the light and laser). Shoots 398 currently, haven't tested it again since the installation of DB custom barrel, Systema Torque Up Gears and a Magnum Motor. Runs off a 10.8. Anyone know if VFC is gonna put out their EGLM and Mid Caps?

Oh by the way it's a VFC SCAR-Heavy. But I prefer to call it a Mk17.

scar1.jpg

scar3.jpg

Edited by Son of liberty
Pics are from August, got a few new things coming in for it. Including a Private Parts SCAR Suppressor and a replica EoTech and possibly a G&P tan PEQ Box (The one with the light and laser). Shoots 398 currently, haven't tested it again since the installation of DB custom barrel, Systema Torque Up Gears and a Magnum Motor. Runs off a 10.8. Anyone know if VFC is gonna put out their EGLM and Mid Caps?

Oh by the way it's a VFC SCAR-Heavy. But I prefer to call it a Mk17.

*pics*

Ooh, sexah! :D

I was actually thinking about getting a tan PEQ-2, even though I already have the black one. However, its only a matter of time before G&P makes a functioning PEQ-15 in FDE, so I better not shell out another hundred-fifty bucks on another PEQ-2 just to have a PEQ-15 come out a month later.

Since you might be getting one, I don't suppose you could get us some pics when it comes? :D I'm curious as to how close to FDE it really is. It looks kinda shiny and a little too light in the pics I've seen.

These FN parts came from a private person who was selling all kinds of metal junk (not only gun parts). Then you just had to decide what you want from the pile. There was not only Mk46 bipod, but also a brand new M249 SAW bipod for $50, used KAC M249 RAS for $20 and then this:

If you ever bump into that guy and can get another, I'm your man...

I have a quick FN-related question. Since the EGLM is the grenade launcher than the FN2000 uses, do you think one could attach the STAR EGLM to the JLS FN2000?

It would take some serious modification, a lets face it - the JLS FS2000 is pretty mediocre. Sticking a grenade launcher on there that costs more than the gun is horrible as is. With all the work you would have to put in, it just isn't worth it. I understand G&G is coming out with a FS2000 as well, so you may want to wait for that one. Hell, they might make an EGLM too, so you wouldn't even have to do any mods.

Just my 2 cents.