FN Picture Thread

You not wanting the EGLM havoc? and has anyone managed to squeeze a laser in the PEQ-15?

I had a quick google but couldn't find anything conclusive. I'd love to stick a small red laser and a bigish battery source for it in there. Maybe three so I can get a cheap-*albatross* version of the Predator laser haha.

I got called Scaramanga all day today when I was using my Scar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now with rail covers - I consider this basically done now. Simple, simple, simple...and it works flawlessly. Awesome gun. :)

IMG_0105-forum.jpg

As it sits with the rest of my gear at the moment (plus suppressor):

IMG_0099-forum.jpg

Edited by HaVoC
Castle - love the para!

Castle Bravo: Lovely FAL.

This thread definately needs more FALs.

Thanks.

I don't like the flash hider, but I've got a different one on the way. I intend to shorten the stock by an inch or two as well. Probably lighten it by removing some material from the stock folding mechanism up as well.

I know this is a picture thread, not a video thread, but here's my VFC Mk16 Mod0 SCAR-L with awsairsoft MOSFET video review:

Part 1 Bolt hold open demo

Part 2 Overview of internals.

Part 3 AAR and tracer demo (can only see the tracers in full screen view, frickin youtube!).

BURST fire test. I will probably turn the burst fire feature back off, since the real SCAR does not have a burst limiter.

Thanks, Magz!

Yeah, we had to tuck the MOSFET in between the fake bolt and barrel assembly. The space was perfect for it.

The cool thing is that I still have the realistic field stripping. When you pop out the lower reciever, all of the wires are then connected to the PCB via micro deans connectors or deans ultra connectors. I just disconnect those and proceed with field stripping the gun.

My original plan was to place it in the AN/PEQ-15. But Having 8 wires running out to it was just not something I wanted to pursue.

I'm basically done with the gun at this point. Going to drop in a couple of more internal upgrades, then get some TD SCAR rail covers and a TD grip (once I figure out which one I want). Then that's it.

Edited by Mig1

cool videos Mig1, that wiring job looks complicated!

Next time you open her up please can you take a couple of photo's showing how the MOSFET is attached to the connector set at the back? I've always wondered if/how you could connect a MOSFET to a SCAR.

cool videos Mig1, that wiring job looks complicated!

Next time you open her up please can you take a couple of photo's showing how the MOSFET is attached to the connector set at the back? I've always wondered if/how you could connect a MOSFET to a SCAR.

Well, basically main power is still supplied through the two contacts at the back of the lower receiver. Power then goes to the MOSFET from those two contacts and from there it gets distributed back to the motor.

Attached are two pictures AWS Airsoft took while installing it for me.

post-4291-1235035209_thumb.jpg

post-4291-1235035554_thumb.jpg

Well, basically main power is still supplied through the two contacts at the back of the lower receiver. Power then goes to the MOSFET from those two contacts and from there it gets distributed back to the motor.

Attached are two pictures AWS Airsoft took while installing it for me.

Thanks mate, gonna have a go at wiring a MOSFET into mine I think - if that mega MOSFET will fit inside a SCAR receiver then a simple AB MOSFET should too!

Yeah. I mean, it's not hard to field strip. Getting the wires tucked all back in isn't hard now that I've gotten the hang of it. There's just a certain way to layer the wires, then you slide in the lower receiver, then insert the pin. Voila, done.

I will admit, the first time I took it apart after getting it back from AWS I was like, how the hell am I going to get all this back in there?! But, it wasn't that hard.

Come out to a game and check it out.