FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that L1A1 handle? Is it comfortable?

I am guessing like the Star it is Semi only? How is that working out?

Yes, it's quite comfortable. Just a bit too long for me :D . Like STAR L1A1 this is Semi automatic only. In fact the Ares is almost the same gun as Star. I bought my L1A1 only few weeks ago and it has been working without problems so far.

Sorry about my bad English :D

Yes, it's quite comfortable. Just a bit too long for me :D . Like STAR L1A1 this is Semi automatic only. In fact the Ares is almost the same gun as Star. I bought my L1A1 only few weeks ago and it has been working without problems so far.

Sorry about my bad English :D

Not to be nit-picky, in fact, the ares IS the same gun as star...

I know it's a bit of a weird question to ask, but if I were to get a tan SCAR-L, would you suggest black or tan optics, and black or a tan silencer?

My friend, If it's just the same optics and color is the only decision then use whatever you think will work or look best to you. It shouldn't matter what other people think.

I know it's a bit of a weird question to ask, but if I were to get a tan SCAR-L, would you suggest black or tan optics, and black or a tan silencer?

I have a FDE SCAR and have used both black and tan optics without it seeming off key. I have the plain coloured AAC suppressor and it's a pretty good rough grey finish that's low profile.

My friend, If it's just the same optics and color is the only decision then use whatever you think will work or look best to you. It shouldn't matter what other people think.

Yeah, here's the thing. Every color combo with it looks great. Thanks. I'll go with what's cheaper

I have got a few questions:

1.) Are the airsoft SCARs (mostly looking at the VFC) more tan, or are they more brown?

Looking at THIS pic form Magpul, it shows how brown the RS gun is.

2.) Down the road if the US military decides to adopt the SCAR for widespread use, would they use the Black or FDE version?

3.) I remember seeing some MIADs that were fitted onto SCARS (talking about airsoft now) but I can't find the pics, can anyone link them?

Thanks

I have got a few questions:

1.) Are the airsoft SCARs (mostly looking at the VFC) more tan, or are they more brown?

Looking at THIS pic form Magpul, it shows how brown the RS gun is.

2.) Down the road if the US military decides to adopt the SCAR for widespread use, would they use the Black or FDE version?

3.) I remember seeing some MIADs that were fitted onto SCARS (talking about airsoft now) but I can't find the pics, can anyone link them?

Thanks

I don't think there is an actual black SCAR in production right now. There were proto's but the current ones all seem FDE.

That colour thing is very subjective and hinges on how the pic was shot, flash or daylight or fluro, and if there was any post processing to adjust the colours. I've seen photo's of the real ones that all look one shade, and others that are four tones of brown/tan. It seems to me from what I've seen the VFC is the nearest match you can get right now.

Can't say on the pistol grip other than I've heard it's a torture test.

Thanks mate!

I may go with a VFC; it is either that, a SOPMOD M4, Magpul/Knight's M4, a G36K, a MEU(SOC) 1911, or a Desert Eagle....needless to say I have trouble making up my ming :D

I do like the SCAR though, there is a good chance I will end up going with it.

That paint job is excellent!!!

Thanks! It was fun doing it. I love the Fern stencil thing. I shall paint my next AEGs the same.

As for the custom side of life, i cut off 2 centimeters from the stock, put back the original inner barrel and removed the silencer, now it is awesome on CQB games.

Its amazing how we can change our opinion on accessories after a few skirmishes ;)

It was pretty easy to do. Kinda like this:

oswcustomstock.jpg

Doesnt look like much, but it made a huge difference for me.

I have much more control and speed now.

Pure WIN !!!!!!!

:D

Edited by Sgt.Crocodile