FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol EPIC FAIL

Those actually say burst instead of auto correct?

How exactly does that qualify as "epic fail"? :rolleyes:

You have the same problem with all the MP5s that feature burst markings on the grip or, maybe with the SR25s, G3s, SL8s and SL9s that all feature no auto marking at all when the gun will actually fire in auto?

Geez, if slightly dodgy markings are "epic fail" it must be eating you up inside that these guns have a forward-assist knob that does nothing and it must be killing you to look at that fake bolt catch right there next to those "epic fail" trademarks.

Or maybe there's something else going on here?

How exactly does that qualify as "epic fail"? :rolleyes:

You have the same problem with all the MP5s that feature burst markings on the grip or, maybe with the SR25s, G3s, SL8s and SL9s that all feature no auto marking at all when the gun will actually fire in auto?

Geez, if slightly dodgy markings are "epic fail" it must be eating you up inside that these guns have a forward-assist knob that does nothing and it must be killing you to look at that fake bolt catch right there next to those "epic fail" trademarks.

Or maybe there's something else going on here?

Lay off him, don't tell him what he has an issue with, he just dislikes the markings on the receiver. Nothing wrong with that, and yeah, some people care about markings while others care about......other stuff. Does it mean he is wrong, no.

Personally, yeah.... I think the 3 round burst marking is lame. Auto gun = Auto marking.

Lay off him, don't tell him what he has an issue with, he just dislikes the markings on the receiver. Nothing wrong with that, and yeah, some people care about markings while others care about......other stuff. Does it mean he is wrong, no.

Personally, yeah.... I think the 3 round burst marking is lame. Auto gun = Auto marking.

Oh, so you don't like the idea of authentic trademarks?

That's a first. :rolleyes:

How's that work?

Is it okay to put Colt or H&K or other brand names on a gun that isn't actually made by them?

Would you rather the fake gas adjuster was removed from an airsoft M249?

Must be a helluva grey area for you there. :unsure:

Fact is that the majority of airsoft products contain some feature that are fake or incorrect or non-functional and I don't see our buddy going around making demeaning comments about all of them.

THAT is why I pulled him about his comments in this specific thread.

FWIW, I got bored the other day and chopped up the front of my F2000 to try and fit a fake (:rolleyes:) gas block in there.

In the process I've already fitted a proper outer barrel into the receiver and am currently in the process of butchering an M4 front sight to build the actual gas block.

I've also figured out a way to make fire-selector work like a P90 but I dunno if I will bother doing that straight away.

Anyway, I'll post pic's in a couple of days, hopefully.

*EDIT*

Just to address this...

The true question is here, does it really matter?

I just want to say, yeah. It DOES matter.

I don't think it's fair or polite to label something as "EPIC FAIL!!!!" because of a tiny issue which isn't even the fault of the owner.

Let's not forget that what some people are doing, here, is criticising a gun because it DOES have authentic markings.

I'm sure that if this were the USMC thread, for example, and somebody had altered the trade's on their "blaster" to feature authentic burst markings they'd be congratulated for their efforts.

Gotta love that hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

whoa whoa wee wow

1st, i was epic failing at the wtf is a M16 doing in here comment.

2nd, I think the burst markings were cool as hell because I thought they were legit.

lol

Right ho.

That's fair enough. :)

I hope others take note that leaping into something that's none of your business only serves to confuse and inflame things. :waggle:

I know this isn't a Q&A thread but I'm struggling to find anyone who has a VFC and STAR EGLM to compare the two, hoping someone here might. Can anyone definitely confirm whether the locking mechanism, and the general construction of the area where they meet with the weapon, are different between the 2 brands?

anyway question for you guys, im looking for mid caps for a vfc scar tan need to find the best colout fit to in mid caps to go with this aeg, wonder if anyone has any experience or advice?

I've got a few tan PMags for my VFC SCAR. The colour match is excellent, they look like they were made for each other. Expensive way to go, but worth it. They are the best mags I have.

moar scars

How can you say that, the thread is filled with scars and the only non scar guns in here is like SGT.Crocodile's DSA...

I'd like to see more NON-Scar guns like Hi-powers, FNC's and FAL and such.

Edited by Robinio