FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks lads...

That JLS was firing at 330 fPS and had a great range - once a little loctite was put on the loose hop. Had to use a 9.6 mini in it to get a decent ROF and it sounded like someone was skinning a live cat.

Paint job was simple,

Base coat Krylon khaki, stencils of humbrol dark tan, grass green and final smaller stencils of Krylon med brown and sand dune. Finished with a clear matt humbrol varnish.

Also did a MC TM M14 SOCOM at one point...

Does anybody know which SCAR-L has the least shading difference between the upper and lower reciever? (VFC, G&G, CA, ARES, WE). Right now I am thinking it is VFC or WE that has the least difference unless I can be convinced otherwise. Any input would be appreciated.

Anybody? :(

EDIT: By the way Puding, what is the weight of that VFC SSR with the bipod,battery,scope, magazine fully loaded, etc. That gun is made of pure awesomeness.

Edited by GnGArmament

Here is my F2000

The body is JLS, but the insides aren't. I modified it to have a version 3 gearbox from a CYMA AK Beta, and also use the AK Hop-up chamber. I had to cut a small hole in the bottom of the body because my motor cage could not be modified to fit inside without loosing its structural integrity, a small price to pay for reliability.

It seems to feed fine off of all the M4 mags I have tried, all of them wobble some, but I dont really mind that too much, its not worth the effort to keep a mag from wobbling 1mm if it is not affecting the feeding of the magazine.

With a Guarder 120 spring and the same Beta spetz ported cylinder coupled with an M16 length barrel it is pushing 380 FPS with a .20. I am sure if I switched to a correctly ported cylinder the FPS would rise, but frankly I like it where it is at.

This gun was thrown together for about $40 total, along with about 8 hours of cutting and grinding the plastic away to make room for the new gearbox. I like it, and now I can use M4 mags and still have something unique on the field! (although G&G might ruin that for me here shortly, but mine will still be my custom!)

Here's a picture

img1022u.jpg

I still have a bit of work to do, mostly cosmetic, like filling in the selector switch hole so the body is a bit more correct, and touch up the paint.

It was a fun project, now I can't wait to get it out into the field.

(I can't not say it) Your Cantilever mount is backwards, it should look like this:

Double Negative.

Anyway, personal preferance perhaps? Ive seen them mounted like that on RS. Doenst affect the sight or sight picture one bit.