FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of mag catch does the FAL use? The push-button M16 type or the Lever AK type?... or different? Thanks.

I found the controls on the FAL to be weird, when I held the KA FAL at Poweredge, and when I held an SA58 at a gun show.

The mag catch is like an AK's, but thin, and on the right side of the trigger guard--press forward with your index finger.

On the direct opposite side, is a funky looking bolt release.

My thumb was too short to fully rotate the selector switch from semi to auto :blink:

Edited by sekiryu

TO Blackhaggis:

Suggestion to your FN-FAL "carbine"

add a m900 type surefire flashlight grip or the rico replica and a scope mount that goes along the top of the reciever.. on that scope mount, put an ELCAN scope or aimpoint red dot site.

imagine those on there.....

(SIC)

Is it just me or do those Zeke receivers not come with a rail? Are you supposed to use the plastic one from a TM receiver?

TM rail is metal. My photos are bad. The colors are a way off.

You do need to get a metal forward assist and drill a hole for the gas tube and other mods if you want a one piece hop-up.

Edited by BaBaBooey
TO Blackhaggis:

Suggestion to your FN-FAL "carbine"

add a m900 type surefire flashlight grip or the rico replica and a scope mount that goes along the top of the reciever.. on that scope mount, put an ELCAN scope or aimpoint red dot site.

imagine those on there.....

(SIC)

Thanks for the Suggestions - Much Appreciated.

I have the KA Scope Mount to be fitted - However I took one look at the Instructions for fitting it and kind of went 'Hmmmm' - The Bit where it goes 'if unfortunately your gearbox falls out' kind of put me off fitting it myself.

I have a nice Red Dot though to go on it once I get it fitted and for those Night Time Game Moment - A nice GEN 3 NV Weapon Sight.

Never been a fan of Weapon Mounted Lights - but I might just check out a Surefire M900 and then maybe I shall see the Light (Oh Dear Bad Pun)

Frag. Out.

Here is my Star FNC that I got when Airsoft Extreme had them for sale for $449 I think (I don't remember the price). Here it is alongside the WGC M733 (De Niro & Kilmer's gun in HEAT). I replaced the flash hider a M16 Birdcage flash hider which I think is better and I think Pacino's FNC had a Birdcage flash hider.

CRW_0774.jpg

Stunt: Do those Ashai FNC's take AEG mags? I'm ignorent in the world of classics)

cogNiTO: How do you like you SCAR? Has anything happened to the wires yet? My local airsoft place said the on the one they have in display, the wires broke in like 15 minutes of getting them in.

Crunchy bunny: The FNC takes Asahi mags, they are gas fed and need to be air tight.

The air pushes the bbs through the mag.

I only have two, dagnabbit. I think with the correct brass fittings and pipe with the right inner diameter you can make your own out of RS mags.

This thing is legendary though.

Stunt