FN Picture Thread

Load indicator?

above in the pictures of the Marushin FN Five-seveN it says "real indicator" so the first thing that popped into my mind is that it could possibly mean a "loaded chamber indicator" ;) so I was wondering if it had one or not. (if you don't know it should be located on the right side near the ejector port)

edit: apparently I was off on the location, the provided image has a pen pointing to it

3.jpg

Edited by AliceHKfan
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*drools* How does it fire? Is the bolt release incredibly awesome?!?!? I have to know!  :D

Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but the bolt release is pretty sweet, never seen anything like it. It's quite strong and makes a loud "clack"

I owned a ca scar before this one, and it felt like a 5$ piece of plastic compared to this one. Really, no other manufacturer needs to make a scar because exterior wise, it can't get any better than the VFC. Fielding stripping is childishly easy with the integrated tools, altough the parts do need some force to get them apart.

Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but the bolt release is pretty sweet, never seen anything like it. It's quite strong and makes a loud "clack"

I owned a ca scar before this one, and it felt like a 5$ piece of plastic compared to this one. Really, no other manufacturer needs to make a scar because exterior wise, it can't get any better than the VFC. Fielding stripping is childishly easy with the integrated tools, altough the parts do need some force to get them apart.

That is awesome. Enjoy your gun man.

I am yet to get pics of mine. I have to disagree about the externals however. It seems like they were in a rush to get them out. The underside of the gas block is unfinished with the same coating as the rest of it has however it's a superior material compared to the CA. Also, the monolithic upper rail is not as precisly machined as the CA but doesn't seem to have any problem with attaching optics etc.

The color is perfect, it's actually FDE (flat dark earth), not TAN!

It doesn't shoot too great accuracy wise but the fps seems good and its got an average ROF.

Overall I am very impressed so far and must applaud them for the no-wire design on the folding stock, it's designed well and I don't foresee it becoming a problem.

Edited by [BS]_MARS

Actually, I found it redicously easy and that there was WAY too much room. LOL!

Try this, take the wires in the stock and pull them all the way out straight then place the red wire and black wire that come from the deepest spot in the stock on the right side of the mini (if you've got the gun vertical) and slide the mini in. Then I put the fuse in the small cubby at the bottom end of the stock and run the wires back to the battery, over the cheekpad pin.

Seems like a lot but just remember to keep the fuse and connector on the outside, not buried under the battery and you're OK.

that is the EXACT picture/setup i was looking for....i think im going to have to go with the aimpoint and the LaRue mount over the eotech....add a TD VFG and im set... :D:greedy:

like they always say, great minds think alike :rolleyes:;)

Edited by 0nslaught