The Chef

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

YES!!! ALL 76 pages read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my eyes hurt, and its taken me 2 days..................(ive been working also)

Once im in the "airsoft scene" im buying a sniper rifle and setting about a personally made ghillie.

I got presuaded to start of AEG, im still not happy with it, but i see the benefits outway the cons, learn a bit of airsoft bushcraft then go into sniping

all your ghillies look really good, and i cant wait to try my own, hell, can start making one now sniper rifle or no sniper rifle i guess :blink:

will definately be back soon :D

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon gents, so the other half went out and brought me a UK sniper systems rifle wrap kit for christmas and I have no idead where to start in terms of building it and attaching it! does anyone know of a guide of what to do and how to do it? do i just tie the threads to the long elastic strip ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have been looking to get a Jack Pyke LLCS for quite some time now (since reading Bodgeups review over a year ago, linked in this thread) but only just coming up to having a small amount of spare cash.

Seems to be that there aren't many pictures of the suit in use online although I have found a few and think it would be perfect for my local site in the not so warm months with all the leaves around.

Just as I was preparing to buy one and looking around for a deal I noticed that there is a new woodland version and I can't seem to find any image of it that is not just the basic stock image. Was wondering if anyone has tried this version or knows of any photos of it in use.....

English Oak LLCS

New Woodland LLCS

Given that there is only a couple of months till the green stuff starts growing again I am now not sure if I should get a greener suit now and (money permitting) get the basic one come sept/oct. If the woodland version hasn't been used by anyone yet I think I will stick to the older one as it should still be half useable in the summer and really does look perfect for the majority of the year.

If anyone wants to see the environment I play in

Winter

Spring (note the purple only lasts about 5-6 weeks)

Summer

Also I know that the best thing to do is use a lot of natural picked on the day but this is not the level of concealment I am after.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hey all,

I have been looking to get a Jack Pyke LLCS for quite some time now (since reading Bodgeups review over a year ago, linked in this thread) but only just coming up to having a small amount of spare cash.

Seems to be that there aren't many pictures of the suit in use online although I have found a few and think it would be perfect for my local site in the not so warm months with all the leaves around.

Just as I was preparing to buy one and looking around for a deal I noticed that there is a new woodland version and I can't seem to find any image of it that is not just the basic stock image. Was wondering if anyone has tried this version or knows of any photos of it in use.....

Also I know that the best thing to do is use a lot of natural picked on the day but this is not the level of concealment I am after.

Here is a video I posted where my partner has the full LLCS suit... (watch it in 720P HD)

My partner runs an outdoor shop that stocks JACK PYKE. He gave me heads up on the green version long before it was released. I intend to buy one for this coming summer.

I suggest you buy the green version to be honest, as soon, the seasons will change again and it will be better in that fertile environment. Then you can get the brown version at the back end of the year. I intend to wear a mixture of the tops and bottoms (one green, one brown) for spring/autumn.

Good Hunting ;)

Afternoon gents, so the other half went out and brought me a UK sniper systems rifle wrap kit for christmas and I have no idead where to start in terms of building it and attaching it! does anyone know of a guide of what to do and how to do it? do i just tie the threads to the long elastic strip ?

I got a UK Systems recon ghillie rifle wrap aswell but I have the same issue as White_Rabbit. How do you attach it because instructions were not included? mellow.gif

Hello, fellow snipers,

would like to add some comments on LLC typo ghillies. In country where I live, we have players with Russian somekind of LLC style ghillies. Also, there are players that use general hunting cammo, like English oak patterns. After watching these camouflages working in different enviroments I made my self an opinion that LLC type ghillie suits are most suitable in the enviroment that has extensive low level (up to the knee) vegetation in woods and also in the woods that consist of deciduous trees.

I believe that LLC suits are the best in autumn with all the leafs on the ground.

Now, I am doing web-tex concealment vest based ghillie with jute attached to it with zip-ties. (I saw such method on old wet-tex thread). The lower part will be LLC inspired pats with kinda leafy pattern material added to pants and with some elastic loops of veggie.

I have a question - how much in kilograms, pounds, did you used jute for your web-tex based ghillies? I am calculating how much dye should I order...

Is"Dylon" Dye is good for dyeing jute?

What "Dylon" colors should I use and what I should stay away? (like woodland brown or dark brown, or which green)?

Any comments or suggestion about dyeing process with "Dylon"? (like how much jute should I dye not more at one)...

Okay, so I emailed UK Sniper Systems and just a few minutes later they already sent a reply ohmy.gif

1) Take out the elastic strip.

2) Make sure the cord is attached to one end (this will be used to secure it to the weapon at the rear)

3) Start tying the supplied threads evenly along the stip, making sure NOT to create a pattern with the camo.

4) Once that's done secure the wrap to the rear of the weapon at a spot that is comfortable for you such as the top of the pistol grip.

5) Then wind it around the weapon, making sure not to obstruct any working parts, trigger, sights or ejection ports.

6) Finish by winding it along the barrel and stretch it over the end sight making sure not to obstruct it.

7) Adjust the camo threads as nessasry.

I just tied some knots on random places and this is my (temporary) result:

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

I still have lots of strings left but I like it this way because I can still add natural vegetation.

thats pretty damn good!

Thanks! It went together pretty quickly too, just a few nights while camping.

Gooberz that is one of the best ghillies I've seen, amazing work. How did you get all the pine needles to stick like that?

Thank you! I got the pine needles to stay by weaving them in and out of the net in my suit. It takes some time, and alot falls off, but for winter in my area that's the best you can do. No snow, lots of pine needles. The net I used was also a bass fishing net, with a slightly rubberized finish. I'd say it holds foliage better than the volleyball netting I used on my last one.

I've seen some videos (GhillieArhem?) on youtube, and he made a suit essentially of successively wider net - This seems like a great way to do the back of your suit. He started with mosquito net (Closest to skin), followed by "Sniper veil" scrim, normal fish netting, and then elastic bands in an X pattern, maybe 6 or so inches wide. That way you can stuff veg under the X-bands, and have it stay more easily. It would be incredibly light and breathable, as well.

Archived